Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$1748.47 out the door, Rancho 4" lift w/steering stabilizer w/out rad.arms, total install, lifetime warranty on parts and labor?

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
How much is labor? The lifetime warranty on parts and labor sounds enticing. What does the fine print say? Are they going to give you probelms if something breaks due to wheeling?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bnkrtstk said:
How much is labor? The lifetime warranty on parts and labor sounds enticing. What does the fine print say? Are they going to give you probelms if something breaks due to wheeling?
First of all i dont wheel a whole lot, but i like that if something does wear out i get a new one for free. They said 9 hrs labor for $675 i kinda cringed when i heard that. Im the first one to admit that i am by no means a capable mechanic, even if i was i dont have the facilities to do a lift myself. My only option is to have a shop do it. I've just started to shop around so maybe a more affordable option will come up. :shrug

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same exact lift, $1150 installed @4wp

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
$75/hr shop rate seems a little high to me. Spose the guys doing the work even get $20 of that? I'd buy the lift and get some buddies to help do the installation. It ain't a cruise missile.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
78bronco460 said:
$75/hr shop rate seems a little high to me. Spose the guys doing the work even get $20 of that? I'd buy the lift and get some buddies to help do the installation. It ain't a cruise missile.
the 4wp labor is 280 if i get it in before december's over

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
too bad .............. if you put the work into it yourself, just think of what else you could buy with the difference .. including the pride og doing it yourself .. that is worth something as well.

you should really take this opportunity to learn about your truck ..... but, whatever suits you

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Hey Redclay, if it's really not that hard of a job. I'm sure you've got some friends that would be willing to help you out and if not I was looking at the Dixie Chapter Map and there are tons of bronco lovers around you. Maybe if you get in the Dixie Chapter section and talk nicely you may get a few of them to give a hand. If you were closer you could come over and we could do it in the garage on weekend.

Edit: Just thinking if you aren't in any big hurry for that lift and could make the drive up one weekend we could put that lift on. With the little one just here and trying to get settled in with him it may be a couple of months but I would be willing to give you a hand and we cold put it on.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Miketnf150 said:
there are tons of bronco lovers around you. Maybe if you get in the Dixie Chapter section and talk nicely you may get a few of them to give a hand. If you were closer you could come over and we could do it in the garage on weekend.

All I did was offer free foor and beer and people came to help with an engine swap.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx for all the positive feedback guys, ill look around and do some buttering up and see what happens. Im def. gonna get the lift soon though. Stay Tuned

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
hell yeah, i would help, but i am in KS. doing it yourself will also make it easier to fix and maintain as you will know whats what. it will cure any lack of self confidence in your mechanical ability.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I bought a used Dick Cepek Stage 2 lift with extended superlift arms for in the neighborhood of 400. The lift itself isnt all taht hard to set up, But getting all the stock brackets off are killer. Some are riveted, Some are bolted, Lots of the bolts are frozen. Do some research first, shop around. You may find a better deal, or a nicer lift for better money. Dont be afraid to buy used either..

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
Damager said:
too bad .............. if you put the work into it yourself, just think of what else you could buy with the difference .. including the pride og doing it yourself .. that is worth something as well.

you should really take this opportunity to learn about your truck ..... but, whatever suits you
words of wisdom :thumbup and you'd be suprised how far free food n beer would get u. I'd say shop around but considering my dealership is around $71 per hour labor cost, probably ain't gonna find it much cheaper. then again you're in a different corner of the world so :shrug

1 - 17 of 17 Posts