Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after recent threads discussing welding on spring steel, cast stuff (iron as well as steel), thought I would post this for further info. Have not looked it over carefully, but it's definintely good info:

http://www.esabna.com/EUWeb/OXY_handbook/589oxy16_3.htm

I don't know if oxy welding is substatially different from stick, or from a mig like I use. I need to learn more, but it's good info., may lead to discussion from those more knowledgeable.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
oxy is really like TIG welding or closer too it. I can use alum rod real good with the torch but suck at brazin, can't ever get the puddle to keep movin real good.

Before i got a MIG all my body replacements panels were brazed in, sucked because of the extra heat produced. Had to go slow and took forever.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SquattyD said:
Excellent! Could that link be a sticky up top in this fab forum? that way the noob welders have it all at their fingertips.

Truly a nice writeup...and as a matter of fact, have to check my manual again, but I think one thing that was bugging me when first setting mine all up as a noob welder is that it never stated proper flow rate for the C25 gas mix. Had to get that on here by asking KL. But of course you've got that covered.:thumbup

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Shadofax said:
Excellent! Could that link be a sticky up top in this fab forum? that way the noob welders have it all at their fingertips.

Truly a nice writeup...and as a matter of fact, have to check my manual again, but I think one thing that was bugging me when first setting mine all up as a noob welder is that it never stated proper flow rate for the C25 gas mix. Had to get that on here by asking KL. But of course you've got that covered.:thumbup
yeah it could be, maybe ill copy/paste it later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts