Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on up grading the speakers in the Bronco I just bought. I don't know what sizes fit?

1. What size speakers go in the front doors?

2. What size speakers go in the mid section?

3. Bass tubes anybody? Bazooka or other?

4. What do you guys use in this model 1994 Eddie Bauer Bronco?

Thanks from T in Boise Idaho :rockon

·
Registered
686 Posts
6.5 in the front 6x9's in the rear, Bass is upto you on what level of sound you want, I got mine set up.

blaupunkts componet 6.5 up front amped by a rockfords fosgate 200x2 RMS amp. stock 6x7's in the rear haven't blown yet. and 4 12in Kicker CVR's running off of 2 1500 RMS! audiofonics amps. Dual red top batteries and 160A 3g Alternator.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
1. What size speakers go in the front doors? 6.5

2. What size speakers go in the mid section? 5X7

3. Bass tubes anybody? Bazooka or other? Used to have 15'' Subs

4. What do you guys use in this model 1994 Eddie Bauer Bronco? MInes a 91 but Ill answer Niche Audio 6.5 Seperates

·
Banned
443 Posts
I went w/ a pioneer premier head, deh-p480mp, infinity spkrs all around...got 40 watt/amp going into those and a bazooka 12" sub, taken out of it's tube and put into a box w/ no baffle, to produce less lower end bass and more punch, w/ 100 watts...it actually is alot better sounding than I thought I was getting...I am really happy with this setup...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have infinity tweeters and sony door/back speakers. The bass is from a Bazooka tube...I love the way it sounds and it doesn't take up a lot of room. my old 88 bronco had two 10' kickers and a kicker amp that sounded great but took up lots of space. Bazooka also has a quick connect on the back incase you take the top off and want to take it in at night.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys install your speakes your self?

How hard is it to install speakers on your own in these Broncos?

I was going to buy speakers from Crutchfield and do it myself.

Has anybody ever used crutchfield? Are their install directions as easy as they say the are?

T in Boise Idaho:beer

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
i have never purchased anything from crutchfield but from what i hear they have one of the best customer service departments in the industry.:popc1: :drinkbud

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,830 Posts
I would say speakers are easy just take the whole door panel off and don't try and just take the metal mesh off, in the front.
Crutchfield is awsome, and there customer service is awsome, and if you get a head unit you get a free install kit which is like 25 at other places, makes it super easy just solder your cd player to the new harness and snap it into the stock peice. Crutchfield has a scratch and dent store on the website that I have gotten good deals from too, like a 550 dollar cd player for 200, it was an older model,and the box was messed up nothing wrong with it.

I also think the speakers would be kinda pointless with the stock headunit, if that is what you have. It will sound better but nothing like it could

1 - 14 of 14 Posts