Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to buy new tires for the Jeep and to be honest it never goes off road, its a DD and as much as I love the looks of a rugged tires, it gets annoying fast when your driving any great distance. We have on it now for the past 2 years BFGs Ats and to be honest they didn't wear all that well and didn't stay balance all that great - so I'm looking for something else. I'm looking to buy 2 set of tires this time around as the ATs didn't really cut it in the winter.

So I thought about the Long Trail BFSs touring tires, and I'm looking at some Michelins (yes I know they make BFG). Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yokohama Geolander

:thumbup

sorry couldn't resist :rofl:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
A huge and emphatic "NO!" the Long Trails; they're horrible. As much as I love BFG, their cheaper tires are crap. Well, not really crap in the sense that they don't perform well, they do ride/drive nicely, it's just that they're weak as rain water. A set of them came on our 02 Superduty and we probably had gone through 10 flats by the time they were replaced.

x5 on the Michelin LTX. They're great tires for something that sees minimal offroad time.

·
car ramrod
Irate4x4 .com
602 Posts
Dayton Timberline A/T. Pretty good in the snow and they wore nicely on my brothers cherokee. He never rotated them, and at 50,000 miles they still would have easily passed inspection. Then he traded it for a TJ.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I'd also take a look at Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

I have a set on my Bronco (I daily drive it). Great wear, good road manners, perform great in the rain, and are quieter than my old BFG A/T KO's with a more aggressive tread pattern.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
A buddy of mine has Nitto Terra Grapplers on his Ranger. Probably has about 10k on them and they still look brand new. Plus they do well in all types of terrain.

·
Your mom gagged on my
1,664 Posts
X7 on LTX...mine went 70K, they float a bit in the snow tho. Terra Graps are a good way to go too. My 250 is runnin it's 5th set. Typically get about 45K or so towin with em daily. Great part is the smaller sized ones have a 50K pro-rate, so I end up gettin a new set for around $300. :rockon

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
The Michelin LTX AT/S tires on my Bronco lasted 78,000 miles. Replaced with LTX AT/S 2's.
:stupid

I dunno what the Hell Michelin has done, but the LTX A/T 2 tires I put on the Bronco a year and a half ago have been the best tire I've owned. They've worn so little that I can barely measure the wear. They are quiet, balance is perfect, and traction is damn good in all conditions I've thrown at it ('cept for wet grass ;) ).

I just wanna :banghead when I think about how many long and snowy winters I suffered through with BFGs on the Bronco.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
X37 on the Michelin LTXs, my bronc came with em and I switched to Uniroyal Liberators(great C/L buy),which aren't bad,but I wish I'd gone back with the LTXs

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
I have the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Have 50K miles on them and still a lot to go. They do well in the snow, dirt and sand. Not much mud here so I cannot coment on that...They are tough as nails offroading.

Priced in there with the other tires of their kind.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think it was Goodyear Longtrails that came from the factory on my F350 and they didn't last more then 20,000. You may get a better life out of them on a lighter vehicle but probably not by much.
I know a lot of people hate them but I've had great luck with ProComp all terrains. They wear great, wear even, and are a very nice steet tire.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,066 Posts
So LTX it is than. Thanks everyone. Now to find the perfect winter tire in a 31"
Why? You already found it. LTX :thumbup

As for the floating as mentioned by d-sel, I see that once they've wore down. When they're new, they don't do that on my truck.

As far as the LTX goes, I just found out that they've been discontinued, but still plentiful. I'm sure the LTX 2's are just as great if not better.

Oh and for the record, the OWL sucks. Black walls all the way :thumbup

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
:stupid The LTX AT 2 is exactly what I'm using right now. Winter was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a set of Dayton Timberline on my my Bronco. They are only 32x15x11.5 but, they have 25k plus on them and ride nice at 80mph on the hwy. But I want more of an aggresive tire these won't ware out still 60% thread left.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts