1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That is pretty cool. :rockon

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I saw this thread and I remembered some other things I have done with axle shafts. there a great material for many things.

I made this J-hook, for hooking dead derby cars out of the arena, out of a D44 long side front shaft

And the stand for my vise was made from D44 long side front shafts too.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
MikE2 said:
I saw this thread and I remembered some other things I have done with axle shafts. there a great material for many things.

I made this J-hook, for hooking dead derby cars out of the arena, out of a D44 long side front shaft

And the stand for my vise was made from D44 long side front shafts too.

wanna give me a block? 351W please :thumbup

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
85f150 said:
yea, why so many blocks
Thats a good question, and I really don't have an answer. I have been collecting these forever and I just can't part with them. When I get bored I go driving around the back roads and pick up engines people dump off. Doesn't matter what it is, I'll pick it up. I have gotten everything from a 30cc weedeater engine, lots of Toyota 4 bangers, tons and tons of Small Fords and Small Dodges, quiet a few FE's, big blocks, an 855 cube Cummins, and a 3208 Cat. Then I take them home, strip them down to a bare block, and I'll keep the block, crank and all the rods and pistons and scrap everything else. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, and I don't even really know why I'm keeping them. I can't even tell you why I plan to go out sometime this week and look for more. Its just a weird hobby and addiction. And whats even a bigger pain in the ass is I have to keep moving these blocks around with me.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Mike2 also collects white wagon wheels as well. He's a sick man.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sweet shifter! I think we need to make Mike his own thread...I think we could go on and on about that for a long time! haha!

Do you pay for the blocks? Or are they freebies?

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Dave88LX said:
Sweet shifter! I think we need to make Mike his own thread...I think we could go on and on about that for a long time! haha!

Do you pay for the blocks? Or are they freebies?
MikE2 said:
Thats a good question, and I really don't have an answer. I have been collecting these forever and I just can't part with them. When I get bored I go driving around the back roads and pick up engines people dump off. Doesn't matter what it is, I'll pick it up. I have gotten everything from a 30cc weedeater engine, lots of Toyota 4 bangers, tons and tons of Small Fords and Small Dodges, quiet a few FE's, big blocks, an 855 cube Cummins, and a 3208 Cat. Then I take them home, strip them down to a bare block, and I'll keep the block, crank and all the rods and pistons and scrap everything else. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, and I don't even really know why I'm keeping them. I can't even tell you why I plan to go out sometime this week and look for more. Its just a weird hobby and addiction. And whats even a bigger pain in the ass is I have to keep moving these blocks around with me.
read....:twak

1 - 20 of 24 Posts