Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:twakI bought these tires new about 8 months ago,and I must of spent over $500 over time trying too balance them.There just stock tires,and they zero out on the machine,but at 70mph the dam thing want's to shake apart,I use this thing as a daily driver and it's getting old.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goodyear Wrangler RT/S

I had the whole suspension checked out,new rim's etc.Wrangler RT/S,I just e-mailed Goodyear to see if I could get a sales rep to check them out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrangler rt/s

I had them replaced when I bought the truck,I had the front spun balanced a week ago,still didnt work,so I took it to a Kenworth Dealer - they took the tires off the rim's,truned the rubber and rebalanced,It worked untill I reached 70 mph,they did notice that the sidewall wasnet smooth.There not supposed to look like that,I'm a sales Rep and I do alote of highway driving,so you can see were this would be a pain in the ass.Work in progress

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
I had them replaced when I bought the truck,I had the front spun balanced a week ago,still didnt work,so I took it to a Kenworth Dealer - they took the tires off the rim's,truned the rubber and rebalanced,It worked untill I reached 70 mph,they did notice that the sidewall wasnet smooth.There not supposed to look like that,I'm a sales Rep and I do alote of highway driving,so you can see were this would be a pain in the ass.Work in progress
First off, bad vehicle choice.

Put on another set of tires and give those a go. If you still have vibration then its not your tires.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I have used the RT/S tires on all of my Broncos for several years with no problems *shrug*

Like to hear what the problem is.

·
has no skidplate
4,322 Posts
i'd be looking for worn suspension or steering components
could it maybe be a driveshaft or other driveline component

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
could it maybe be a driveshaft or other driveline component
I'd put money on the driveshaft. I kept having the same problem at 70 mph and it'd be a little better right after getting the tires balanced. So I thought, "meh, must be these damn WallyWorld BFGs. No biggie." I found out about a year ago that it was my slip shaft that was 180-degrees out of phase; it was completely not MY fault, as I had always replaced it just as I had removed it after lubing. That thing bugged me for quite a while, and it was pretty aggravating since I usually drive at the exact speed it would start to vibrate the worst!

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
First off, bad vehicle choice.
:smilie_slap Its only a bad vehicle choice if he bitches about gas, which he hasnt. I drive my F250 in the city, on the highway, wherever Im going. Is it a bad vehicle choice?

To the OP, Ive run a couple sets without balance problems. Take your driveshaft to a shop and have them check/balance it. Also, see if its missing its a counterweight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Replace

I had the same problem with the same tires, at roughly the same speed on my 86 Bronco. The dealer FINALLY replaced them with BFGoodrich (which I wanted in the first place) and I've never had the prblem again. I know everybody has there own preference on tires and mine happens to be the BFGOODRICH-AT or MT depending on the application. I have found these tires to be reasonably priced and very hard to beat in terms of tread life and overall quality!

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I believe the tires are defective or old if the sidewalls are rippled, bulging, or otherwise JDLR. My experience has been those Wranglers are the absolute worst tire for our local gravel roads. the sidewall is so thin that a small rock will puncture it, and then you have a $200 yard ornament. JSM84

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
We bought some goodyear wrangler from walmart in 2004. Almost 40k miles on them and they are at about half tread (guessing of coarse, didn't measure it). The truck has a little shimmy at 35 mph (could be the tires or something else), but for $270 for 4 p235 tires you can't complain. They are a good bang for you buck on 2wd trucks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
well...i looked at the goodyear wrangler's when i was gonna get tires for my truck...ended up gettin the BFG A/t's............i love these tires...there strong,have a great tread life...and take a beating...i beat the living crap out of these tires daily :) lol

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
get some BFG MTs thats all i have to say

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,645 Posts
1. What size tires are they?

2. Have you tried a second set of different tires?

3. If the sidewalls were bad I would think you would have a warranty claim with GY. Except for whatever it was that the KW dealer did to um. A reasonable tire shop would stand behind their product and make you happy about using them again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.