Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
She knws my tractors sexy
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i'm new here and need some good direction. I am looking into getting like an ARM style brushguard for my truck. Something i could actually hit something with and its not going to bend or break. Does anyone have any good links ro know of anyone who can make these type things? I want one that will take the place of my bumper and also protcect my headlight and my grill, possibly something made out of a thick tubing? any help will.....help! thank :beer

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i duno if ya'll have seen the bushwacker catalog. there is a white and grey 2000 F350 or 250 with a nice bar bumper that holds a couple of lights. the tubing is very thick. I am very interested in having something like that. but every where i go noone can tell me who makes it. Not even bushwacker. do ya'll know? or is you have seen it is building something like that possible? :iiss

·
Registered
132 Posts
On the design we were talking about, what is the thickest tube you can use, David? What guage is the tubing you usually use?

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I have a smitty one piece welded guard...I use it...I push cars when they are broken and so on...I use it around the farm to straighten gates and so on...I'm pleased with it.

:beer
Bill

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bill do you have a picture of the smitty you use? thats what i want to be able to do, is push stuff, but i want it to look good as well. I dont want it to be black when it is done. a polished finish or maybe i'll just get it color coded to match my car. About how thick is the .134? like compare it to something..i know stupid question just trying to get a visual on it. :rockon

·
Registered
132 Posts
On the design we discussed what is the thickest tube you can use, David?
Can you use a 2.5"? Maybe even a 3"?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
My bender only allows up to a 2" tube. I SHOULD be able to get .250" wall, but the price jumps considerably, since I'd have to buy a full 20ft stick - which I don't know how much would cost me

.134" is only about 3 sheets of paper thicker than 1/8"(.125") .120" is plenty thick to be pushing your way thru practically anything, but if you're planning bashing into things, I would suggest AT LEAST a .134" walled tube

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i plan on being able to run into stuf heheh. plus if i get in a wreck, ya know, i want there car messed up not mine. :shrug

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i plan on being able to run into stuf heheh. plus if i get in a wreck, ya know, i want there car messed up not mine. :shrug but we need to have some prices out in the air here, do ya'll have any figures in your heads? even ball park figures?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts