Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just sharing a bit of news from blighty, i found out today why the traffic round the city centre was so bad yesterday. turns out there had been a pretty major accident at the bus station involving one of our buses & driver.
story as follows, the driver pulled into the station to let his passengers off, when an old guy asked him where a certain place was as he was getting off. the driver gave him the directions but warned him not to go around the back of the vehicles to get there as they are reversing out of the bays all the time and its dangerous...... old guy ignored him and went around the side of the bus parked along side our driver and cut across the back of that bus instead:twak,.... that bus started reversing out , which made the old guy jump bacwards out of the way,....... straight into the path of the bus our driver was on:doh0715:,............ they had to get the fire brigade to lift the back wheels of the double decker off of what was left of his head.:shocked you see the two buses started reversing at the same time as one another,.... not uncommon, not wrong,... but extremely dangerous for anyone stood behind them at the time,.... both drivers failed to spot the guy as he had sneaked around the back to avoid being picked up by the security guards, as the yard is a no go zone for joe public,.... i feel for the drivers,.... they are gonna go through hell with the cops cos' of someone else's ignorance,.... and i feel the old guys family too. whole thing sucks big time.

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does in my book,...... guy got told, he ignored, he's is now pushing up ze daisies!

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can't get an award if you have had kids, so if he is childfree he is a good candidate.
andy, no pics? wtf?
sorry dude i work inside the paint shop ,.... i only saw the bus return with goo on the wheels! ...

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too bad the bus drivers are going to get it for someone elses stupidity.
they should get cleared as they can't help it if the guy ignored the rules,..... but they will be under investigation and it does get harsh

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i don't know how liability laws work in your country, but if that happened here, that guy's family would be in the money

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know how liability laws work in your country, but if that happened here, that guy's family would be in the money
yeah, they may still be in the money, as firstbus is such a big company they will probably get paid out for it,.... still don't pay for a loss though,.... you can't price a life,.... even if he was in the wrong

1 - 14 of 14 Posts