Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had this guy call me about my 76 F 150 peices. I told him I was basically getting rid of everything. He was interested in the T case and the driveshafts, then he asked me about the frontend. I told him that was one thing I wasnt just getting rid of, that someday there may come a cold day in hell that I could use it. He's like "well do you want to sell it or not" and I was like sure I'll sell it, but for $150 (I feel that was still a good deal) and he's like well im not gonna buy the frontend for 150, I was like well its pretty hard to come by and Im not just gonna give it away, well then he's like well give me a call when you change your mind. I asked him about the T-case, he said well I want to buy all of them together, I dont need them individually. So I said ok, and he hung up.

We are talking about a 76 Hi pinion, disk brake, Milemarker hubs 3.50 open gears and I would assume its got the thicker walls but never checked or anything.

And to add he just called my cell again but I cant answer it at work, I am interested to hear what he has to say this time.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You can screw around online, but you can't answer your phone? Pardon my ignorance, but WTF?

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said 100 for NP203, D44 and 2 driveshafts, and he said he didnt call me back, even though I got a missed call that rang 5 times from his #

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
i just price stuff what I think it's worth, sometimes I end up "giving" it away and sometimes they never call back maybe because I've asked too much. But the way I see it, it's not in my way and if they want it bad enough, they'll pay what you're asking.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ubermich said:
You can screw around online, but you can't answer your phone? Pardon my ignorance, but WTF?
Its bad

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
I sold just the front half of my old NP203 for $100 plus shipping.

Tell him your price is the price you want and if he doesn't want to pay that price you'll find another buyer.
yeah, stick to your price 81

He ain't gonna find another that's already out of the vehicle and ready to go.

Your price is fair IMO and like you said you might use it some day.

Sixlitre

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Ubermich said:
He is not screwing around online he is defending the country while you are at home safely, and for him to answer his cell phone at work will threaten homeland security.

By the way matt you can answer your cell phone and work, you just cant walk around while you are talking on it. New reg brotha man

Ken

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
oh so we are now "allowed" to carry cell phones while in uniform? cool

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. Ya I think it has to be AF related
2. And you cant carry any kind of portable transmitting device around Classified info
3. And transmitting around the stuff I work with is bad bad bad bad ju-ju.

·
Registered
223 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
1. Ya I think it has to be AF related
2. And you cant carry any kind of portable transmitting device around Classified info
3. And transmitting around the stuff I work with is bad bad bad bad ju-ju.
I remember when I used to work at the test site in Nevada, all the sensitive areas had radio shielded walls and windows. No cell signals whatsoever. Only things that worked were out gov't issues pagers, which had transmitters inside the building.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
He is not screwing around online he is defending the country while you are at home safely, and for him to answer his cell phone at work will threaten homeland security.
I meant he could be on FSB, but not on a cell phone. That's all. Why does everyone assume I'm a threat? I don't jump on anyone (here...until they jump on me), don't jump on me. His explaination was dandy. Had I known he worked around confidential information I wouldn't have posted my question. But I didn't know, so I asked. Is that okay? Or is it out of line for me to ask if that's okay?

And for the record, no matter what your job is, posting on FSB is not defending the country. I have the utmost respect for the armed services and almost went into the army myself (might still depending on how things go in the next year or two). FSB, however, is in no way imperative to the security of our nation or its interests.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Ubermich said:
I meant he could be on FSB, but not on a cell phone. That's all. Why does everyone assume I'm a threat? I don't jump on anyone (here...until they jump on me), don't jump on me. His explaination was dandy. Had I known he worked around confidential information I wouldn't have posted my question. But I didn't know, so I asked. Is that okay? Or is it out of line for me to ask if that's okay?

And for the record, no matter what your job is, posting on FSB is not defending the country. I have the utmost respect for the armed services and almost went into the army myself (might still depending on how things go in the next year or two). FSB, however, is in no way imperative to the security of our nation or its interests.
if you can not read the sarcasm in my post you have some serious issues. and yes posting on FSB is defending the country no matter how you look at it. i never said you were a threat. Of course FSB is imerative to our nations defense. havent you read Jahs posts before

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
if you can not read the sarcasm in my post you have some serious issues. and yes posting on FSB is defending the country no matter how you look at it. i never said you were a threat. Of course FSB is imerative to our nations defense. havent you read Jahs posts before
Actually you should look at your post again. Especially noting that after your post he DOES actually say that it would threaten "homeland security". Any sarcasm that I might have noted went out the window then, and you looked like you were one of the "No matter what he does, he's defending YOUR country so you can be a lazy-ass good-for-nothing bum and still eat dinner you stupid little brat!" types.

But nonetheless, I do appologize. I was a bit tired and read your post as many others in which I say something perfectly harmless and people think I'm trying to attack someone else or their viewpoint. I didn't intend to turn around and do that very thing back to you. Sorry. :duh

And what did I miss in Jahs posts?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Ubermich said:
Actually you should look at your post again. Especially noting that after your post he DOES actually say that it would threaten "homeland security". Any sarcasm that I might have noted went out the window then, and you looked like you were one of the "No matter what he does, he's defending YOUR country so you can be a lazy-ass good-for-nothing bum and still eat dinner you stupid little brat!" types.

But nonetheless, I do appologize. I was a bit tired and read your post as many others in which I say something perfectly harmless and people think I'm trying to attack someone else or their viewpoint. I didn't intend to turn around and do that very thing back to you. Sorry. :duh

And what did I miss in Jahs posts?

iut sounds to me like you are the one that is being overly defensive. they are called jokes and one must learn to take them in life. matt is a friend of mine and that is why i give him a rash of shit. we sit on the email and talk all the time at work

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
iut sounds to me like you are the one that is being overly defensive. they are called jokes and one must learn to take them in life. matt is a friend of mine and that is why i give him a rash of shit. we sit on the email and talk all the time at work
Um, that's what I said... Hence the whole apology thing...

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
oh yeah..yall email each other... .i feel so unloved...maybe its cause i havent mailed that damn grill guard yet. well im not doing anything today..wonder what the temperature is like. if it aint butt cold ill go pull it

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
SrATEX said:
oh so we are now "allowed" to carry cell phones while in uniform? cool
You can carry them while in uniform, but NOT on your waistband unless you carry it for an official reason(i.e. 1st Sgt, commander, etc). You can talk on your personal one, but as said already, not while walking around, etc. I carry my personal cell in my BDU front pocket--it's small and doesn't make an obvious bulge that looks crappy. If I get a call (on vibe of course) I call back when I get a chance in private.

Edit--Like 81Bronk said, you cannot use a cell around classified info either.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Just a little advice from a 15 yr old girl I coached in swimming before their state meet.

"Ladies, this is just for tomorrow's scrimmage. This isn't the last chopper out of Saigon. Can we please just crank down the drama a notch?"

Seriously though, you have a good deal going there, he is obviously a clown. If I had any extra I would be knocking on your door, but the gov has got some of my money for a bit longer. Hopefully he calls back so you have more entertaining stories. I might miss retail occasionally, people are so crazy.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We dont even have cordless phones in our building either.

And while Ken may have had about %25 (tops) amount of defending me, he was just joking, anyone who is in the airforce is joking when they snap at someone about defending your country.:histerica

Daniel, when you start writing EPR's we will all talk:rofl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts