Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a year ago my buddies wife's 98 mustand got stolen and they found it 4 days later with the interior completely stripped. It still runs and everything (V6) but there is just no interior or head and tail lights. They even took the freakin windshield wipers So I get a call from him on friday and he says "dude if you can have it out of here by tomorrow night, it's yours." I guess he has had it parked under a cover for the last year and his wife refuses to even look at it. She has never seen it since it was recovered. It was her baby and she dosen't want to see it trashed.
So I went over with the trailer yesterday and brought it home. Now the process of putting it back together begins.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
That's as good a time as it gets to drop in a V8. :thumbup

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,914 Posts
Start looking for some local racer and Mustang forums. Lotta times guys will strip the interior for race seats, roll cage and what not and you can probably pick up a lot of that interior stuff cheap.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time. Those thieving bastards really did a number on that thing. Good luck with the restoration.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
looks like the took everything that was easy to get.

drive train was to much of a hassle before it was recovered i bet

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Start looking for some local racer and Mustang forums. Lotta times guys will strip the interior for race seats, roll cage and what not and you can probably pick up a lot of that interior stuff cheap.
I agree. Stuff should be out there. Good luck.

·
Broncoless
1,494 Posts
:stupid stangnet.com is a good site for the mustang world. take a look and see what you can find on the forums

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sweet.

I say clean it up and go all out...drop a V8 in there.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably gonna leave the V6, They didn't mess with the engine cause they had to drive it to the place where they ditched it. They really did take everything that wasn't needed to drive it.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
:shocked DUDE you weren't kidding when you said the interior was stripped...im with everyone else...cage that thing and have some fun...

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
mustangforums.com is a good one (I used to check it more then i do this forum).

I would either cage it, or well.....

cage it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
racecar material fo' sure. Half the work is already done. :thumbup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts