Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually traded for my 97 Explorer....

It's a 95 With 6" suspension lift (not sure of the brand yet), 3" Body lift, 351W, warn manual locking hubs, 15x12 MT wheels, 38x15.50x15 tires....

I like it a lot...it is fun to drive. I guess I have to get used to the truck wandering all over the road due to the large tires....or is that not normal?

It has a backyard paint job that will get taken care of ASAP....with a nicer paint job.

Little bit of clean up, and repairs and she will be ready to go.

Rick

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have driven several "lifted" vehicles and from my own experience, the lift itself is what will cause the truck to "wander" if it's not done correctly. It's seldom the larger tires and wheels causing it.

I have never done a lift on any of my own vehicles and the ones I have driven were times when they needed to be transferred from one location to another for used vehicle dealers. Lots of highway time. The good lifts, as high as yours, that were done very solidly drove like a dream. The not so good lift jobs required me to constantly "steer" to counteract the "wandering".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have driven several "lifted" vehicles and from my own experience, the lift itself is what will cause the truck to "wander" if it's not done correctly. It's seldom the larger tires and wheels causing it.

I have never done a lift on any of my own vehicles and the ones I have driven were times when they needed to be transferred from one location to another for used vehicle dealers. Lots of highway time. The good lifts, as high as yours, that were done very solidly drove like a dream. The not so good lift jobs required me to constantly "steer" to counteract the "wandering".
I see...I have not driven a truck this big before....so I figured part of it was me not being used to it, and part was the truck. Anything I can do to improve it? If it makes a differnece it already has dual steering stabilizers..

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey.. I know that truck. It used to belong to "Liftedbronco" (Jared).
Check out this thread on his webpage.
http://www.southernmudding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139
He was helping me troubleshoot some fuel issues in mine.
The first shot gives a real good comparison between a truck with 9 total inches of lift and a bone stock bronco.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey.. I know that truck. It used to belong to "Liftedbronco" (Jared).
Check out this thread on his webpage.
http://www.southernmudding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139
He was helping me troubleshoot some fuel issues in mine.
The first shot gives a real good comparison between a truck with 9 total inches of lift and a bone stock bronco.
Yeah man I know you from that site.... I am over there too. First it was jareds the zacks...... Now mine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Popped one of the tires today.....not a good day...especially considering that you cant find 38x15.5x15 anywhere...can sombody please help me find one tire for this truck?

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts