Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is cool! It also does a pretty good job cleaning. It even got all the cat and dog hair (One dog, 3 useless wastes of--- er cats) off the floor. So far it hasn't made any attenpts on any of our lives (The same company makes killbots for the militray) but hopefully it doesn't wise up and shank us in our sleep.

Thing is pretty big too roughly 13 inches around.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
At a recent bridal shower for a friend's mom, we got to talking about this and how somebody bought it for her sister in law and she just loves it. Heard they're great to just let go and then you can leave for the day and come back to a clean floor.

They're kinda high priced though, aren't they?

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just gotta get the right deal on it. Got this one off of woot, it's the scheduler model with remote and two virtual walls. It came to 109 total. Said what the hell when I saw that price, works out because I hate sweeping.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
how do these things work on say carpet, beucase its a frickin animal kingdom over at my place, 2 dogs who love to shed, 9 cats (read sister moved back in with 3 of em, and my mom loves them) and a rabbit (also sisters)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bet you got lots of fur balls......My wifes got mexican rats,arrgg.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Shoot it then.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It missed a spot, there's hair on the floor right by it.
Those are new thats how bad the shedding problem is around here. Between the three cats the dog that is half lab the GF who sheds worse than the dog and my back hair this thing has it's work cut out for it.

Oh and Metal, only have "Hardwood (Cheapass plywood squares) floors" no carpet.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
the GF who sheds worse than the dog and my back hair this thing has it's work cut out for it.

:shocked

TMI dude, TMI. :histerica

I think they are cool, need to pick one up, price has dropped a bunch from when they 1st came out.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woot has these on sale again today so you can get your own dirt busting, back hair clensing, cord seeking roomba:

http://www.woot.com/

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
They work ok. If you have a lot of furniture that it can get under you might not see it for a while. Mine gets stuck under my couch and a few of my cabinets. For some reason it winds up doing a 360 and keeps trying for the same spot. Kind of irritating when you have to keep re-directing it with the remote.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so we see you are still alive....
Cat might not be pretty soon the farker keeps setting the roomba off. I swear next time she does it I'm going to drop it on her and turn it on. See what kind of a hairball that thing can pick up.

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did some mods to the roomba last night, doesn't get stuck on the bathroom rug anymore but it's sweeping ability has diminished a bit. At least the cat won't be sitting on it anymore...

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts