Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up another one this past weekend in Maryland.* 300 six, stick w/ overdrive (SROD), power steering, power windows, power locks, cruise control, a/c, rear defrost, high back buckets...and everything electrical works, even both rear window switches.* and its an 82!* i drove it 5 hours home, did fine.* of all the broncos ive driven on the highway that were older than me, this one is easily the nicest.* there is a bit of slop in the steering wheel, but it wasnt bad.* it smells kinda like a horse barn: hay, manure, leather and tabacco, but just faintly.* the only real problem is that the alt belt squeels real bad.* there are some nasty hills near my place, and downshifting up those made the belt slip even more, and my headlights nearly died.* but the alt is new, i just have to try some belt adjustments, and maybe a new pulley.* here are the pics.

right after i "washed" it (aka, it rained)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dang that thing looks clean...wish I could find something like that around here......without rust

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice score! Do the 3G swap, it'll square away the gremlins in the electrical system. And watch that SROD, I've rebuilt mine three times, the third has been a charm!

·
Registered
930 Posts
How much did you get it for?

The interior reminds me of riding in my dad's Bronco when I was a kid...

·
user title
2,211 Posts
very nice.
I wish I could find a 300 with the 4sp to turn into a toy. I'd sell my 95 or 85 if I could find that.

:beer
Bill

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Good deal!

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
I second the rust thing & Thats the first i have seen with a sun roof. I need to pay better attention in the scrapyard when looking around.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Very nice score indeed.
Are the 300s V-belt or serpentine? If serpentine, check the tensioner and condition the belt with "Rick's Magic Belt Quiet Stuff" (AKA: rub it well with some Irish Spring or the bar soap of your choice)
If V-belt I'm not familiar with that particular setup, but there still should be a tensioner. Adjust that and hit it with Rick's Magic Belt Quiet Stuff. :toothless

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
awesome find!

I say you build that I6....forged rotating assembly, turbo it :)

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ubermich said:
Very nice score indeed.
Are the 300s V-belt or serpentine?
v belt, but im trying to find a serp system for it.

magnumpi said:
awesome find!

I say you build that I6....forged rotating assembly, turbo it :)
i was actually thinking about a turbo.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
SquattyD said:
Do it...DO IT!!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
SquattyD said:
v belt, but im trying to find a serp system for it.

Look for '87+, first year for EFI on 300s = serpentine belt systems. Don't see why it wouldn't bolt up. Just speculation.

If you do decide turbo, look for for a T4/T04. Nice Bronco. :thumbup Are you going to keep the SROD?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts