Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been searching a lot about lifts on fsb and on project bronco.. but i cant seem to find the question i'm looking for..
I was leaning toward a 6" lift by skyjacker... but doing some research i found that i need:
front springs
rear add-a-leaf (or block)
radius arm drop brackets
track bar drop bracket
drop pitman arm
full poly bushing kit deg offset
shocks etc...
four wheel parts webpage
http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=818&occlass=SKY&cat=SUS
The skyjacker kit doesnt seem to be "complete"
I've also looked into BDS or JBG, but way to high...
I also though of just running maybe a 4" lift... seems like you can get away with out having to do a lot of little stuff...

People who are running a 6" lift, what all did you need to get to have everything setup right? Did you piece it together? etc..
also does anyone know of a tech write up someone did with a 6" lift?
i hope i havent gone over something that comes up every other week.
thx

·
Registered
63 Posts
try going here
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572&highlight=lift+kit
it is for an newer bronco but has some good info...
I have been lookin at a 6" incher too... if u are looking for nice flex, then u should look at the Graveyard Kit or BDS. They are complete and flex nicely. If u just want altitude and lookin to save some money then just peice it out. The front coils are like $160, 7 deg C-bushings $26, then u need an axle flip (free!) out back with blocks and u can even get away without using extended brake lines out back by movin some stuff (detials in thread above)... other then that get a pitman and adjustable trac bar, u don't have to chain ur drive line at all, u can extend your ds but it is not needed. Thats about it i think... hope this helps... :beer

and u mentioned radius arm drop brackets and degreed c-bushings... if u use the 7 degree c-bushings u dunt need the drop brackets

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Yeah, you will need more drop brackets and such with a 6" lift. They are nice on a 4, but not really necessary. I have 2 sets of 4" coils (skyjacker) one slightly used, the other practically new. $50/$75 respectively plus s/h. I also have 1 set of rear 4" lift blocks if you wanted those...$15 plus s/h. So there ya go, 4" lift for under 100 bucks. I would also get new bushings/bolts/etc, might as well when you take it apart. Where are you located?

On another note, mustang sounds nice. Now only if you had clevo heads on it...

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
i dont' knwo about u guys but with the 4inch lift my driveshafts are just about at their limit. don't know if it's because of the 205/c6 and the driveshafts being shorter but if i had went for a 6 i would have had to get em lengthend. pinion angles are perfect though.i don't know :shrug

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
there are guys with 6" lifts that dont run drop brackets. one post mentioned a axle flip, i think they meant shackle flip, which may give lift, but i think reduces flex. you gotta watch the blocks if you wheel hard. i bought the pro comp extended brake lines instead of relocating the stock lines.

·
Registered
54 Posts
SquattyD said:
Yeah, driveshafts need to change for a 6" lift too.
You have to get new driveshafts for a 6" lift?!?!?
Oops!! :duh

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 9" Skyjacker on my 78 and yes you do have to pretty much order everything you need for is seperate,but they carry everything you need.If I were you I would just get the new spring's for the back.

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
I'm running 6" skyjacker coils and stock springs in the rear. The custom shackle hangars make the thing ride pretty close to level. I bought a rear drive shaft for a manual tranny/205 combo that works perfect with my c6/205.

I've never heard of a shackle flip hurting flex I always thought over-arched springs did that.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
flip could add flex

6" here and no driveshaft problems with wheels stretched off the ground, body roofline creasing kind of flex

piecemeal will be cheaper .. my BDS was pricey, but worth every penny

DON'T USE BLOCKS unless you are a pavement puszy :goodfinge

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
Thats a cute little gas tank you got there, 78Bronco460 :goodfinge
Sorry, had too...

I'm at work, therefore no pics, but my Bronco flexs pretty dang good. Wristed arms help :thumbup

·
Registered
17 Posts
SquttyD
Do you still have the 4" coils and blocks? I am intrested in buying them.How much to ship to 47404?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had my shackles flipped for a while then I realized that it was costing me flex. Here's why, with a tension shackle ( stock ) the shackle at full droop drops with the leaf spring. With a flip kit the shackle arcs toward and wants to go back up. Of course if it goes too far it inverts. With poly bushings I could max a 20 degree ramp and my shackles would lay down flat on the mount. If I can find any old pics of this I'll post them.

Joe

·
Registered
404 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts