Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the EGR valve vacuum line replaced today and I went to start the engine and it starts, goes to about 1800 rpm,drops to 100, climbs back up to around 1,000, and then dies. It only does this with the vacuum line attached. I am talking about the vacuum line that connects into to top of the EGR valve and runs behind the engine. When I remove the vacuum line the engine runs fine, and I can tell the old one was broken because the engine would run the same with it attached, and with it off. Any idea on why it wont run with the vacuum line on? Thanks,

Tom

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Sounds like you have full manifold vacuum hooked up to it instead of ported vacuum from the evr. Where is the other end of the vac line connected?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Codes are as follows:

67 67 1 33 87 33 87

Code 33 was reading before I had the vacuum line replaced. Code 67 was also reading before I had it replaced. 87 is a new code that just appeared today.

Fuel pump primary circuit failure. When the FP relay was activated by the EEC, voltage was not detected on the control circuit.
Voltage was not detected on Fuel Pump Monitor while the engine was running.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The line is attached to the original yellow vacuum line that runs from the top of the EGR to in back of the engine, I just cut the leaky end of the line off. I took a picture and i'll post in a second.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
LaNeR88 said:
Codes are as follows:

87 is a new code that just appeared today.

Fuel pump primary circuit failure. When the FP relay was activated by the EEC, voltage was not detected on the control circuit.
Voltage was not detected on Fuel Pump Monitor while the engine was running.
And you're not thinking that this could be your problem? Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but new problem+new code= new fix necessary

Possible you broke a wire or accidentally disconnected something while fixing the other problem?

EDIT:
Laner88 said:
When I remove the vacuum line the engine runs fine,
Or I just don't read so good, nevermind.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's pics of where to Vacuum line enters the EGR and where it goes back behind the engine.

·
Banned
22,675 Posts
You cross-connected it to the yellow TAD line. EGR is always green.

This pic shows where the other end of the green line goes.

But it runs behind the intake near the crossover tube, which often rusts out, blowing hot exhaust all over everything back there. It's concievable that your vacuum lines are melted together, doing freaky things. Check them.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I thought the egr line was green but I didin't want to say it without being able to go check for sure. It still sounds like the egr valve is getting too much vacuum like I said. The TAD line probably has more vacuum than the evr line causing those symptoms. You still need to correct those codes too.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, well I took 2 more pictures, and they will hopefully help you guys out. hold on a sec.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this the correct vacuum line for EGR?

And I have another question. This hose that comes out of the coffee can, where does it attach too? It was cut off when I bought my truck and I just tied a knot in the end of it. Just wondering where it attches too. I was holding it up in the picture, it usually just lays down by the coffee can.

·
Banned
22,675 Posts
That pic is too grainy for me to ID that line. Use your vacuum map & the process of elimination: one's red, & one black isn't broken, so you can follow it. That's the OTHER. :toothless

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I have to go to work and I will work on it tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts