Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to work on the truck for a while Friday (my birthday) and Saturday (for most time ever in like 7 months)
I had no parking light on the pass side and no licence plate lights since I put my bumper on so I fixed that, pretty easy just connect the brown wire that was cut:thumbup I shortened up my trailer wiring harness so it doesnt drag on the ground when it falls down and to reduce the amount of splices:brownbag and solder the connections instead of butt connector them.

Then I went on to weld the ring on my reciever, tack one mount on my front bumper (crooked apparently:banghead )

Saturday was Reverse lights day, they were melted on the truck when I bought it back in Sep of 01 because the switch was corroded and it arked to the case. Got a new tranny 3 years ago and never got the wires hooked up and new bulb holders, so I built in these 55Wers to my bumper.

Switch location, i had to do some messing around with it cuz it didnt work at first, I think the connector wasnt in far enough though.

Took the redish wire and attached it to a 12VS powersource, ran the Black/pinkish wire to the switch side of the Relay
(not really shown here):

Soldered and shrinkwrapped the connections to extend the wires, ran them up behind the bumper, next to the tailgate and behind the weather stripping (my only short cut :twotu: :whiteflag )

Tried them out and one didnt work, tweeked the ground on the light,it flicked on so I tightened it up (whoops it was pretty loose)

Im gonna try them out tonight now that its dark, but the stretch steel showed up on the garage door:toothless

Im happy to finally have my lights up to par after several years, it feels a lot better!

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somehow forgot my new work backgound:thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda, our AAFES gas station carries these huge packs of assorted electrical connectors for like 8 bucks and they always come with about 20, so I probably have like 55 of them:toothless Ive seen them at other auto parts stores, they are called P clamps.

B&B, soon as he can stand as is coordinated enough to not burn himself he will be soldering;) (unless Mom has something different to say about it of course)

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
I like the white clips, you pick those up at an auto parts store?
Rob

I got mine at lowes.

Matt
You know damn good and well your son did all the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts