Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where heres something that takes like 15 minutes to do and is super easy...

i got sick of ppl tripping over my wires trying to get into that back...and they just look bad

first remover your cd player by taking off the outer trim piece, then slide it out and see if you have an output plug, then run you wire (1/8'' to 1/8'') down until you can see it coming from the bottom of the dash

next, unbolt your center console using a 10mm socket (or wrench)

then take an coat hanger and wrap the wire around it (you may want to pinch the tip closed so that the wire doesnt fall off...)

then rund the wire through the hole in the carpet closest to the driver seat until it come out.. (you may have to pull the carpet back a little bit to grab it depended on how long you coat hanger is)

then i drilled a hole in the bottom of the center console to allow the wire to run through...after that i bolter everything back in and made sure everythign was connected

finished product....

the wire i ran has 2 parts...a base 1' long, and then a 2' chord, the connecting point comes out right at the end of the carpet incase i ever need to take out my CD player or so i can hook something else up

i think this took me longer to post that it actually took to do....
simple and easy fix that looks good....

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
so all u did was run the wires under the carpet?
ive done that many of times
but maybe someone on this site could use this cause they dont know how to

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just got a taurus for my DD and my new deck has those inputs....I'll be doing roughly the same thing as soon as I get my truck projects caught up. It's the thought and the will to write-up that counts

·
Registered
507 Posts
thats way too much work

you should buy a new cd deck with an auxilary input in the front or back of the cd deck ($110 for a semi decent deck). then go to your local electronics store and get a 4-6 foot cable($2) (depending if the input is in the front or back) and then you're set. i did that same thing and the total was around 130$
the sound is great and works with your i-pod, cd player whatever.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
great writeup I thought . . .
anything that you spend time writing up that's gonna help someone
who's never done it before is awesome . . . and every once in a while
it even sparks up a good discussion . . .

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
i bought a cassette adapter

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, thats the cheapest way to go, but considering i dont have a casette player...and i also have a remote that clips onto my steering wheel

this was the only way to go to be able to use all the buttons on my remote

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
spaustin889 said:
yeah, thats the cheapest way to go, but considering i dont have a casette player...and i also have a remote that clips onto my steering wheel

this was the only way to go to be able to use all the buttons on my remote
can you use ure remote while driving when its clipped to the steering wheel?
i have a remote too, and i was wondering, well im just curious

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it has a piece that velcros around the steering wheel (mount it where u want) and then the main remote slides in there (so its mounted on my steering wheel) and it will pause/play change songs and control volume

and when i get ready to take my stuff in for the night, the remote just slides out...

its a great investment

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good write up.

i also got tired of all the wires from my ipod and casset adapter. my solotion was waaaaaaaay more expensive i bought the CD-IB100
iPod Adapter and pioneer head unit.... i have the cable to connect my ipod in the glove box... just like those facy BMW's....LOL

I find the interface a littel slow but it was worth the money.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think my car had something like that in it from the previous owner b/c i have a rectangular hole cut in my glove box...and it appears to serve no purpose, so i guess that might have ben what it was used for

1 - 14 of 14 Posts