Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally happened. Too much stupid pedal on some rock steps and BAM.
Now I gotta find another one. Anybody know where or how much?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
58 Posts
changing the ujoint isnt going to fix your axle rap problem you can put in a new u joint and slip yoke and still break it just like you did

You need to address your axle rap problem that is taken the u joint beyond its angle limits

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just gonna get it running for the time being with what ever joints the O'reilly's has and then I'm gonna start working on something for axle wrap.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i blew both front auto hubs and a stub shaft before i ever blew anything else, and i dont remember the wheelhop being that bad, what gives?

wes

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still have 3 inch lift blocks on my rear springs and I noticed after the breakage that one of the blocks had started to work its way out. I'm sure that did not make things better for me. I also was running too much air pressure in my tires. I was just about to let some more air out when I heard the spectators say, "Stop!! Something broke!!"
No $hit freaking bystanders.

·
Super Moderator
14,726 Posts
If you're going to break it, break it big...nice job..:thumbup :thumbup ..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was at the Den right here in San Antonio. Going up a little obstacle called the waterfall. I really should have made it easily, but because I was still running 32 psi in the tires I bounced instead of gripping. Oh well.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
been there done that, lower em to about 12 psi and it will crawl up most things! then when you get beadlocks go to about 4 psi

wes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts