Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They WILL NOT fit with the bumper on. And no i dont wanna hack it up w/a sawzall. They fit, but when you turn it isnt pretty. I figure ill have to put at least a 2 inch spacer on the bumper untill i get my lift. So what do i use for spacer, i have a 95 model if it matters. Thanx

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
You can use 2" poly body lift blocks.
4wpw sells them really cheap and yes they would work.
Then you can just go to home depot and get a 2" longer galvanized bolt.
Grade 8 is way overkill for spacing a bumper.
BMW uses rubber bumper bushings and they have a 5 star front end crash rating.
Your bumper doesnt weigh 10,000 pounds so again that is another reason you wouldnt have to use grade 8.

I am sure even with a Warn Bull bar Bronco's never had a 5 star rating.

I could understand if it was a rear bumper and you towed a camper off it, but just for a mount, a galvanized bolt would hold my fat ass with it jumping on it all day long.

EDIT: That reminds me of an accident my friend got in.
He had a ramsey winch bumper held onto his frame with galvanized bolts.
(That was dumb)
Well to make a long story short, he got in a front end collision and the only thing that was still in one piece was teh galvanized bolts.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
On my 94...My 32's fit just fine without a spacer...33's would have cleared to. I removed the plastic piece below the bumper as it was all chewed up, and just took up space. I also used stainless steel washers and grade 8 hardware to space my bumper 3/4 of an inch or so, Just for piece of mind.

Good luck.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Every time we have these tire discussions I try to tell everybody you can't say "I run 33's so you can too" Different tire manufacturers have different "actual" tire sizes...and some don't work! :banghead And different year models may have slightly different wheel openings I don't know (ie: the 92-96 wrap around bumper) so I never have vrought that up. I put BFG M/T's in 33 on my '94 and had the same issue RedClayBronc but it was ok for me cause I've got custom bumbers ordered so I just took my bumper off till they get here...:shrug

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
ok, instead of a sawzall .................. how about a grinder :shrug

:goodfinge

maybe a Dremel tool with a cutting blade ... don't be afraid to "trim to fit" :p .. it's not so bad

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here she is w/out the bumper, sorry for the crappy pic

Got the bumper back on, spaced it out bout 2.5"

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2x3 oak, stained and sealed w/a layer of rustoleum, mounted it just like Traveler, it's only temporary untill i either get a leveling kit or a 4 inch.. still not sure on that one. Might get the leveling and a good system instead of a four inch..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts