Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my 4 inch rancho lift w/ pics

i got the 4 inch rancho lift with new pro comp shocks. it comes with full leaf all brackets and coil and extended brake lines and huge radius arms. i mean huge they are double of what the stock ones are. i got this whole lift for 450. it is painted red. they did a good paint job. all i need are u bolts. where can i find intrsuctions to install this. and links or if you have a copy that would be great. also i was just wondering how much would this cost new? thanks a lot. also is the rancho kit i got a smooth ride and is it good off road? and do i need sway bar drop brackets cause my buddy said i will need them. thanks a lot guys if you have this lift i would also love to see pics. i took pics but cant post so if you tell me your email i can email pics of the lift and than you can put it on for me thanks

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
First your pics, you have to host them another place (supermotors) and link them from there, there is a sticky telling how. Lose the sway bars. Those Rancho coils are very stiff and you wont be needing them IMO. As far as instructions, check out Ranchos wed site. Most lift companys sites provide instructions you can down load.

Now POST PICS!! Bragging is usless on here without them. Good luck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya its used and repainted. is that bad. i hope it rides nice .

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,826 Posts
No, its fine, I just wasnt sure of where you got it from. You will most likely rub your radius arms at full lock if you run 12.5" wide tires. I rub on mine and I have the new turned Rancho arms. It wont harm anything, just makes a noise and vibration.

You got a good deal on your kit. And to answer your questions, lose the swaybars both front and rear. You wont need them and I have yet to notice a difference without them on the road. The kit itself is not what is going to give you a smooth ride, rather that is the shocks job. I doubt you will have a caddy-like ride with the Pro-Comps, but then again I dont like Pro Comp anything so I am biased. If the ride isn't good after the first month look into a set of quality MONOTUBE shocks (Bilstein, Fox, Sway-away, KYB, etc; search and you will find info).

The Rancho kit is a very nice kit and has great quality, plus they have awesome customer service (if you need it). I believe Rancho has one of the best 4" lifts out. And lastly, the instructions can be found on www.gorancho.com

Stan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot i appreciate the answers

·
Runnin you over
672 Posts
first off, thats a skyjacker kit... not ranch. the kits are ok but the passenger axel pivot brackets are prone to breakage. take off the hangers for he leaf springs and re-use yours on your truck. dont knwo where you got this but thats the WRONG way to take out leaves. Personally id figure out weather its a 4,6, or even an 8 inch kit. since they made all 3 then id buy new springs who knows how bad the old ones are. just a though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts