Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After scraping and saving, waiting in line, and a small delay becuase of some tow points that david ordered and his supplier messed up on my totally awesome new rear bumper arrived safely last wednesday. I installed it Saturday night alone in our shop at the car lot/accessory store while 18" of snow fell outside..............

Bumper arrived in great shape

Old Bumper

Lined up the bumper this is were things got a little complex, only one of the holes in the frame lined up with the bumper bracket. If I mounted it higher it would have hit the tailgate, seems like they could have been welded higher, minor set back for now, I used some white spraypaint and marked the holes.

Painted first coat and installed with one bolt on each side, then drilled another hole through the bracket and the frame while bumper was in place.

I drilled and taped for the tag lights, I had painted them prior to getting the bumper, I used a nice new plate cover and frame as well as 4 security bolts. the top 2 are drilled and taped into the bumper, the bottom just nut and bolted for a clean look. I added some 10,000 LB tow rings, and mounted my reverse lights higher so they are no longer the lowest point, I drilled into the hitch and taped a bolt for each one.

In the near future I will be bracketing the bumper to the hitch as well as to the frame, before I use the tow points, some welding, some bolting etc etc....

All and all I am very pleased with everything, david is a great guy and he puts out a quality product at a fair price......

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Oh man, no tire rack and you didnt get the hitch built in :cry
Other than the hitch hanging down that's what mine will look like when it's done

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Looks good, now get to PAP or Rausch next trip and try it out.

What are you doing with the old one? I know someone who could use it.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ToddACimer said:
Oh man, no tire rack and you didnt get the hitch built in :cry
Other than the hitch hanging down that's what mine will look like when it's done
Already have a tire carrier(carries a 32, full gas can plus other weight without issue), and the hitch I have is MUCH stronger considering it bolts back well over a foot past the bumper brackets, besides I want the hitch to protect the lights. I may get a local fabricator to raise the reciever up a bit.

I am planing to make Paragon again in the summer, I should have my broncoair front bumper by then, as well as my long awaited 4 inch lift. As for the old rear bumper, I already gave it to one of our parts changers/installers for his 89 pickup

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Accessory Man said:
I am planing to make Paragon again in the summer, I should have my broncoair front bumper by then, as well as my long awaited 4 inch lift. As for the old rear bumper, I already gave it to one of our parts changers/installers for his 89 pickup

:thumbup Post up if you need a hand with the lift install.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bnkrtstk said:
:thumbup Post up if you need a hand with the lift install.
I just might at that, we are opeinging up an accessory store here at the car lot, and I am going to have to teach these mechanics how to do accessories, so they are going to be doing there first lift kit on mine. I am hoping to get a factory rep from who evers kit i use to come supervise, but you never know

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Accessory Man said:
I just might at that, we are opeinging up an accessory store here at the car lot, and I am going to have to teach these mechanics how to do accessories, so they are going to be doing there first lift kit on mine. I am hoping to get a factory rep from who evers kit i use to come supervise, but you never know

Hmm, need a service manager or part time wrench?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bnkrtstk said:
Hmm, need a service manager or part time wrench?
Well they have a manager as they are an existing mechanical shop that does inpsctions, and soon emissions once the state comes out to finalize it. They are always looking for part time help though especially right now with the car lot selling 5-7 cars a day through tax season. I will PM contact information

1 - 12 of 12 Posts