Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck to the muffler shop today and got true duals from the headers back! Woot Woot!:rockon

Only cost me $140. And no i live in Ga, mufflers and cats are overrated :goodfinge . Thank god i don't like in cali.

Not a big deal, but i had to tell someone :beer

damn my truck is LOUD!

·
Registered
355 Posts
No mufflers either? It might be loud but with no mufflers it will sound like shyt.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mufflers either? It might be loud but with no mufflers it will sound like shyt.
you will get tired of it:goodfingesometimes i wish i would have gone with a 2 chamber instead of 1:doh0715:

yeah, i love the sound, but its already getting old. I didn't have enough money for a muffler or cats, so i just went with straight. I'll get some pics today

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
yeah, i love the sound, but its already getting old. I didn't have enough money for a muffler or cats, so i just went with straight. I'll get some pics today
WHAT!?!?!?? The Straighpiped true duals 350 Chevy I drove for a couple months never got old, and was deep but too quiet. :/

Sound's badass though!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHAT!?!?!?? The Straighpiped true duals 350 Chevy I drove for a couple months never got old, and was deep but too quiet. :/

Sound's badass though!

No, i LOVE the sound, don't get me wrong. And i love the loudness its got. But i want to get more of a grunt out of it, than a pop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool man, did you get an estimate on the price getting a new y-pipe made instead of having true duals? That seems like a really good price, and I wonder if it would be cheaper or more pricey to have the y-pipe made for more of a stock setup.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool man, did you get an estimate on the price getting a new y-pipe made instead of having true duals? That seems like a really good price, and I wonder if it would be cheaper or more pricey to have the y-pipe made for more of a stock setup.

Well, the previouse owner did one of the worse hack jobs on the exhaust. And I had planned to just get the whole thing redone just like factory, but he suggested true duals.

I'd think that having the 2-1-2 exhause would cost a lot more becuase you need 2 Y pipes, and more welding. I'm going back to get my dads jeep done for fathers day, and i'll ask him and see what the difference would have been.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
***Begin Hijack***

No it doesn't, don't be an idiot.

***End Hijack***

·
Registered
151 Posts
Youngins, if u want attention get a sharp looking rig and draw them in with how it looks. Don't b a gomer Pyle and make people look at what's making all that racket coming down the road. Quiet exhaust with a good sounding motor and a clean looking rig even if it's beat up as long as it shows a little skill at custom made addons will make it stand out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sorry, i didnt do it for attention, I love loud trucks. I'm going to put glasspacks on it and be done with it. I love to hear my truck scream. But its actually not enarly as loud once i get cruising at 55mph.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Youngins, if u want attention get a sharp looking rig and draw them in with how it looks. Don't b a gomer Pyle and make people look at what's making all that racket coming down the road. Quiet exhaust with a good sounding motor and a clean looking rig even if it's beat up as long as it shows a little skill at custom made addons will make it stand out.
x2 only problem is mine looks like sh!t right now gonna start saving for the body work - saw a bright blue 2009 f150 .... really liking that color

·
Registered
150 Posts
DId you notice a loss of power when you went to the dual pipes? I thought with our trucks if we didn't run a good y-pipe and had a completely free flowing exhaust (no back pressure) it would rob the motor of torque.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I'm sorry, i didnt do it for attention, I love loud trucks. I'm going to put glasspacks on it and be done with it. I love to hear my truck scream. But its actually not enarly as loud once i get cruising at 55mph.
I wouldnt recomend glasspacks... The packing inside them burns out pretty quick. Since you like it loud (as do I :thumbup) I'd recomend looking into a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler. It's a straight flow, single chamber design. It's pretty loud, and gives it an amazing, deep, throaty, rumble.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DId you notice a loss of power when you went to the dual pipes? I thought with our trucks if we didn't run a good y-pipe and had a completely free flowing exhaust (no back pressure) it would rob the motor of torque.
Yeah i did actually. doesn't have the bottom end like it used to, but runs better at higher RPM's. I wish i still had the backpressure, but oh well.

I wouldnt recomend glasspacks... The packing inside them burns out pretty quick. Since you like it loud (as do I :thumbup) I'd recomend looking into a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler. It's a straight flow, single chamber design. It's pretty loud, and gives it an amazing, deep, throaty, rumble.

Thanks for the tip, i think i'll look into it:thumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts