Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been gathering parts for my sas and ran across these on ebay so I bought them cheap. These are the pro comp 2.0 resevior shocks, 12" travel, medium valveing. I will probley only use 2 of them but will have to wait and see until I do the sas, if it bounces to much with the superflex coils I will run all 4. Yes I know they are tab mount so I will have to press the tabs out. I think these should work fine, Im shooting for 6" total lift. Let me know of any problems I might have please or any kind of input. Thanks and let me whore these a bit:chili::chili::chili:

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Nice shocks, how much did that set you back?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought them off ebay, someone bought them and didnt use them, never even installed. Paid $191.00 includeing shipping for all 4!!!!!!!!!! Now I luv ebay again..They run around 175-200 a peace depending where you buy them from.

·
BeastfaB
1,114 Posts
12" shocks in the front with superflex coils? What radius arms? If you are going to run long arms your shocks are a bit short IMHO. Mine are 14" travel and I wish I had a bit more.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to run the 4" superflex coils. I am only trying for 6" of lift. I am going to extend the R/A 10-12 inches. I looked through several post and most seem to be running 14" travel shocks with 8" of lift. I guess if there not long enough I can limit the up travel a little with bump stops and lower the shock mount as much as I can. If all else fails I will sell them, shouldnt have any problems getting my money back.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also when they are fully compresed the top of the stud mount is at 20 inches. So I was thinking I might be able to mount them a little farther back on the Radius Arm?? Or as far back as the inner fender will alow. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
904 Posts
the further back you go the less effective they will be at controlling those flexy springs. keep leverage in mind.

·
BeastfaB
1,114 Posts
I am going to run the 4" superflex coils. I am only trying for 6" of lift. I am going to extend the R/A 10-12 inches. I looked through several post and most seem to be running 14" travel shocks with 8" of lift. I guess if there not long enough I can limit the up travel a little with bump stops and lower the shock mount as much as I can. If all else fails I will sell them, shouldnt have any problems getting my money back.
With the 4" coils you will probably be fine then. Good score. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 12's will probably work nice in the rear too

it stinks that they are stud mount uppers though

dc
I thought about useing 2 on the rear also. Fabing an upper mount wouldnt be a problem. But I was leaning towards the MX6(mono) shocks in the rear because they are selectiable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts