Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In Front of Jopes
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well only thing its going to make me look bad if I ever switch insurance carriers. But positive thing is that I can finally replace my rusting tailgate.

Well I was on my way to merchandise Coke at Target and Shopko in the evening. I just went through a intersection, since it was snow on the roads since it snowed the day before.
I was 10 feet behind some lady in a SuperCrew making a slow turn a gas station. So when I started to slow down, some kid in a Chevy K1500 with IFS rearended me. The cop took about 30-40 minutes to get there. Kid told cop that he was going too fast.
However Beerman maybe you know some here:

What are the best ways to rustproof my replacement tailgate?

BTW Whoever needs tailgate parts let me know, plus the glass isnt broken. Since he hit my spare tire on the carrier, it pushed the tailgate in but didn't break the glass. I wonder how in the hell am I going to get it open again:shrug
Is my spare okay to use since it was hit like that?

·
Gamble Til We Die
504 Posts
Your spare tire is bent. you will need to get it rebalanced while on the carrier.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was rearended in 2001 by a '91 Ford 150. My spare tire is alright and still perfectly usable...it only tore my tire cover. I had the same scenerio as you, pushed the tire carrier into the tailgate and didn't break the glass. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Mike, just have the new tailgate line-X'd inside and out.
Make sure they do all the sides and under the stainless molding before they put the molding on the tailgate. (The piece that has the Ford logo on it).

Thats what was done with mine after I got rear-ended.
The body shop said it was actually cheaper for that than it would be to prep it for paint, paint it, clear coat it, etc. So the other guys insurance company was cool with it.

Just talk to your body shop and see if they will do that, and if the insurance company gives you any shit, just talk the body shop into doing it anyway and "Coding" the receipt as a paint job.
The body shop can bill the insurance company for a more expensive paint job, even though you got Line-X.
More money in their pocket.:beer, and of course you come otu ahead.
THEN IT IS GUARANTEED FOR LIFE AGAINST RUST!!!!!!!!!!

·
Gamble Til We Die
504 Posts
what doesnt anyone understand i was BEING A JACKASS???

Is my spare okay to use since it was hit like that?

the question there is DUMB. thats why i gave him a DUMB answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.