Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so im going to pick up a '91 bronco tomorrow. but ive got some questions about mods to it. im going to lift it, and i know skyjacker makes an 8" lift for it, but would that be good to lift the ttb that much or should i just go ahead and do a SAS. i work at an aftermarket installation store (i.e. lift kits, exhaust, mount and balance tires, systems, etc.) so custom fabricating stuff isnt a problem. im only going to be doing mild to moderate offroading though and still want some streetability to it. i just want some opinions if should lift the ttb that much or SAS.

edit: what are some pro's and con's to ttb and straight axle?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
SAS all the way. If you are putting a 8 inch lift TTB lift on the truck, you're looking to run at least 38 inch tires, correct? That big of a tire is bad on the components of the TTB. Especially if you wheel it. If it is a street truck, then it wouldn't be that bad, but still.

I say SAS all the way. More capable for sure.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
SAS and/or 8" of lift seems a little extreme for a pavement pounder. Plus the bronco's a little top heavy that high off the ground 6" seems like plenty IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, a 6" would be plenty, but around here its a "go big or go home" mentality.. lol. and i was thinkin about 35-37's. i would gear down as well.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
You can fit 35's with a 4 inch, and have it look perfect.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
you can probably run 37"'s with a 6" lift. If you can fit 35's with a 4" then it makes sense.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
37s will rub on turns and compression.

I say go SAS if you can fabricate, it'll give you far less hassle down the road than a TTB 8". Easier to align, easer on tires, it's flexxy, and it's arguably stronger than a TTB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts