You need a bigger garage, but you're mechanic is cute

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PaulT said:
:drool

You need a bigger garage, but you're mechanic is cute
Tell me about it! With the 9" lift I can only get the front end in.
My daughter really loves working on the trucks. She put the passenger side header on by herself except for some help with the gasket.:twotu:

The guy in the pictures is my buddy, not me. He's a mechanic with a heavy construction company and really helps out alot.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F1rocco said:
Puttin the time and labor on it..Id be half tempted to get her a Ford as well to work on.....Great Job
Funny you say that.:histerica This one IS hers..... just ask her. She said "Daddy you could have the red one (the 86), but the big orange one is mine!":doh0715:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the brackets for the headlights and the early grill looks awesome. Put the tube bumper on. I wish I could afford the winch. Motor is pretty much done. It actually moved under its own power last night.:twotu: Just drove it about 10' into the garage, but it still actually moved. All we got left is some electrical bullshit:banghead and it should be ready to roll.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
kenny714 said:
Funny you say that.:histerica This one IS hers..... just ask her. She said "Daddy you could have the red one (the 86), but the big orange one is mine!":doh0715:
thats funny, sounds like my neice. cute kid though, thats cool she like workin on trucks. NICE project.:rockon :rockon :rockon

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Matt! Your neice and my daughter should hang out. I'll bet that would be some trouble. Looks like your in the service. Thanks man!!!! LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!! :usa :usa :usa Be safe!!!
KENNY

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few more pics... Started getting the hood and hinges ready to go back on.

After 28 years of weather and sun the paint is actually cleaning up nicely.:twotu:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some more done this weekend. Sliders are in, added a aux cooling fan and just about finished the new gauges on the dash. Even took it for a ride down the street.:clap

I'll get pics of the dash in a day or two.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats great!
I love the fact that you got your kid involved, how old is your daughter?
My 6 year old son is still a little scared when it comes to getting close to noisey air tools and such. But when I'm working on somthing he's right there asking lots of questions.
:rockon

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Again, thanks for the positive comments.:thumbup
I gave up worrying about gas prices a long time ago. When anybody asks "how many MPG does that thing get?" (any of my trucks). I answer, "don't know and don't wanna know!"
Amber is 8 yrs old and has been by my side working on my junk since she could walk. No power tools yet, except drilling holes and putting in screws with the cordless. She loves getting greasy and even has special clothes she wears when it's time to work. She's also been ridding her quad since she was 4. She's pretty damn good too. Here she is checking out the flex on a buddys Jeep at Paragon.

Looks like she's impressed with the flex, but doesn't like Jeeps.:histerica

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's been awhile, but got the air system in......:thumbup

The red aircraft switch is for the compressor.

·
Registered
150 Posts
really cool.... how is that pump powered, just 12V?

I absolutely love that you got your daughter involved, I cant wait to do that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts