Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought some aftermarket doors for $300, took a while but i got them on, the drivers door bent a bit when i was lining it up because it got stuck closed in between the front fender but i can just push that out somehow, overall, it fits pretty good considering the stuff i hear about aftermarket parts. could have fit better, but you know....its $300

anyway here are pics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tumblers fit fine, but it was that clip that went inside the door that didnt fit, the hole was like...an inch or 2 up from where it needed to be on both doors.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hmm... No offense to you or anything but as far as aftermarket parts go, I think I'm gonna get a door shell or fender from Ford if I ever need one. They are just not as good as the original.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know, but the stock doors were in horrible shape, and i wanted to see how these fit up, for the price, they were pretty worth it. not perfect, but it'll do.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Hmm... No offense to you or anything but as far as aftermarket parts go, I think I'm gonna get a door shell or fender from Ford if I ever need one. They are just not as good as the original.
The factory ones likely weren't fitting all that well either after all these years, fenders could have moved, metal stretches and so on. When I replaced my passenger door I took pictures of the door before I removed it, up till than I hadn't noticed how bad the OEM door was fitting. Don't get me wrong, I agree the OEM is a better door, but it might not be fitting all that much better.

Also an unpainted panel sticks out more making the flaws/gaps more apparent.

·
Registered
204 Posts
those look good, if you had the striping go all they way thru them i dont think anyone would notice...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone
and yes, shit in canada, people expect more from it up here
now all i need to do is my 92+ front end conversion and a 6" lift with SAS and im set

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.