Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
A friend of mine bought the Microsoft one that you can get off ebay with MS streets/maps or whatever for not too much. He said it worked alright. I've seen some bluetooth versions that I've been interested in since they have the ability of communicating with lots of devices (laptop, cell phone, etc, etc). Plus you wouldn't have to have wires running from one to the other which could be nice depending on your install.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend of mine bought the Microsoft one that you can get off ebay with MS streets/maps or whatever for not too much. He said it worked alright. I've seen some bluetooth versions that I've been interested in since they have the ability of communicating with lots of devices (laptop, cell phone, etc, etc). Plus you wouldn't have to have wires running from one to the other which could be nice depending on your install.
I'm not sure if you know but if any one else does...When new versions come out do you have to buy them or is it a free update?

I'm looking at that site right now...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
my laptop has bluetooth and i have a bluetooth GPS reciever so I would also like to know if anyone has made them work

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
i haven't yet but it is in the works, for not only my laptop, but for my IPAQ PDA, I haven't decided on which software, or which blue tooth reciever yet though, I plan to install the reciever in my overhead console, and when I build my center console this summer I have in mind a removable laptop stand. The recievers seem to have different amount of chanels, I would asume the more channels you get the better chance you have a of getting a satillite signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts