Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I recently took apart my gauge cluster and while under my dash saw a plug unplugged what had a y/w wire to it. My sending unit is also not reading and the wiring is supposed to be that color. I can't find where it goes. If anyone can look and take a picture it would be appreciated, I can't seem to find the other side. 96 bronco xlt 5.8L

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,013 Posts
Am I seeing things, or do you have a black connector above it (below the right leg of the arrow, as oriented in the pic) with all the wires clipped? Looks like there are a bunch of old, add-on wire splices by it, also, that might be branching off the wire bundle the arrow points to.

Dunno if that helps, but I would start there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's there lol. I'm thinking it used to be an aftermarket alarm system. It's different style plug than I could find and everything else on the truck works. I'm going to look at a friend's 93 today so hopefully I'll get some answers there.

·
Super Moderator
27,423 Posts
Yo Ace,
From 1996 EVTM
C250 Instrument Cluster, Behind top LH side of I/P, on instrument cluster (A6) Terminal: 14 Color: BR
●C251 Instrument Cluster, Behind top LH side of I/P, on instrument cluster (A 9) Terminals: 14 Color: GRAY

Reactions: ACE96

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello everyone I recently took apart my gauge cluster and while under my dash saw a plug unplugged what had a y/w wire to it. My sending unit is also not reading and the wiring is supposed to be that color. I can't find where it goes. If anyone can look and take a picture it would be appreciated, I can't seem to find the other side. 96 bronco xlt 5.8L View attachment 179056
Are you pointing to the 2 pin plug that's taped to the harness? If so, that's for programming new keyless entry remotes. Your RKE box is directly above it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I realized it earlier this morning. Should have seen it sooner because I have done that before lol. Well seems like I'm off to go get a sending unit and drop the tank.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah I realized it earlier this morning. Should have seen it sooner because I have done that before lol. Well seems like I'm off to go get a sending unit and drop the tank.
good luck! No one stocks them locally. I think JBG and LMC are the only ones that carry them for the 92+ now. You might want to disconnect the wiring first and see if the gauge responds. You can test it without dropping the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good luck! No one stocks them locally. I think JBG and LMC are the only ones that carry them for the 92+ now. You might want to disconnect the wiring first and see if the gauge responds. You can test it without dropping the tank.
Yeah that's true from what I've found! Recently my fuel pump started making the high pitch whining of death after some Lucas fuel system cleaner which I thought might happen. Pretty sure it's the original pump after 260k miles so I've already pulled one from a junkyard that I'm going to put in this week. (I'm a broke highschool student) Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts