Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after wheeling it on the dunes, notice some grease got flung on the rim on my driver's side. not a lot, but enough that i noticed it. what would cause this? also, what is the seal called for the rear yoke on the tcase, mine seems to be leaking some fluid, seems to only happen when it's in 4wheel drive. thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wheel bearings and spindle nut in good shape? How about the snap rings that go the hub and stubshaft are they there? Is the snap ring groove on the stubshaft worn? Hard to tell without actually seeing it man.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My driver side hub does the same thing and it's also a warn premium. I've been told that grease slinging out of the hub is an indication of wheel bearings going bad, but mines been like that for years. My warn standards never did that so I don't know if it's a characteristic of the hub or what.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,731 Posts
Theres a o ring seal on the lock out hub. Could it be damaged?
When I stood looking at it today...that's what I thought...a ring or seal bad or missing...?

Is it possible to overpack a bearing..?

I haven't switched out my auto's yet...so I wasn't much help. It was still nice to visit and see The Hulk. :thumbup

·
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i'll look at it better tonight at my buddy's house, but i do have bearings already, wanted them put in when i had the axle u joints done but guy said the bearings were fine, wish he would have just done them, but oh well.

·
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys, when i get some time i'll tear it apart more and take a look, just don't have time. on another note, got the 4" lift coils on last night, so much better than the levelers, sits how it's suppose to now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.