Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was sitting at lunch. (working 10-630 now) Just as I finished up my burger I get a call on my cell phone. Out of state area code...not one I reconize...answer it anyways. A guy was calling me about working for a company called San Antonio Aerospace. Mostly on civilian jets. Starting at 17.50 an hour. Now most of you should know I grew up in San Antonio. Where I call home. Mean a big change for Dana and I if I get this job. More money, a better place to live, closer to family (live in TX and OK), etc. I am so excited...Ill keep you all up to date as I here more and have some more time to type

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
:twotu: :twotu:

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gacknar said:
Why does everone make more money than me :cry

Good luck Daniel :thumbup

Ill be going from $9hr to $17.50 Jeremy...but that is also an Aircraft Mechanic job in a place with a bit higher cost of living. IIRC 17.50 and hour there is like making 12 an hour here.

Swampwalker...what part of Oklahoma? I was born in Shattuck..just a few miles from Woodward in NW OK. Most my family is in Woodward.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Congrats, dude. Hope you get it, if that's really what y'all want. :thumbup

Gacknar said:

Good luck Daniel :thumbup
Don't worry. I don't. In fact, i make less than 1/2 that :banghead

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikeW said:
Good to hear, at least you will be leaving white trash Land of Forest Gump.
:histerica :histerica :histerica

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Good to hear man, hey san antonio is cool and i will hopefully be moving there when my knee heals. (MTI Duty) I like that place and as long as you dont try to live in downtown san antonio you should be fine. Congrats

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Good luck amigo.

Man, had no idea how good SA was until I took off to WI. I cannot wait to move back, but I have a year and 4 months left here. not counting or anything.

Did you ever go to the pig stand or any places like that. Man those were sweet friday nights.

when I get back I will let you know, my parents now live in Luling and it has some pretty sweet areas to wheel. not huge, 120acres or so, but the land is pretty rough and hopefully they will be getting more in the next 5 years or so if things go well.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Dayum Daniel, we are gonna be in line for a ride through for the M&G's in GA

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pete, I dont think ill be making that many GA M&Gs if this does go through..thats a long haul. Maybe MS M&Gs.

San Antonio is awesome Ken. I lived there for 6 years. Lived up on the NE side of town of Judson. But from what I hear that it isnt the best side anymore..NW side of town is suppose to be really nice now.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Sounds like a sweet deal

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
San Antonio is awesome Ken. I lived there for 6 years. Lived up on the NE side of town of Judson. But from what I hear that it isnt the best side anymore..NW side of town is suppose to be really nice now.
yeah i hear what you are saying. i will try and find a house close to the base cause working 15 hour days yelling at scared kids i wont want to drive an hour to get home....lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Good wishes for that job Tex, the ability to be nearer family and friends is probably worth it without the extra pay,

But hey, a little extra money never hurt anyone now, did it?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Gacknar said:
If it makes you feel better, after my deductions, my taxable income comes to about 1K/yr.:banghead

1 - 20 of 43 Posts