Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Automotive Lighting Enthusiasts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Bronco fanatics,

John here from Diode Dynamics. I just wanted to hop on and introduce myself!

The Diode Dynamics team is very excited about the new Bronco and Bronco Sport, and we’ve already got some lighting kits developed and in production. I’ll be sure to post updates as I get them - stay tuned!

I’d love to hear what lighting mods everyone is planning on doing. And as always, if you have any lighting questions, I would be more than happy to help!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Super Moderator
29,131 Posts
Yo John,
Welcome!
Our members have installed LEDs in rear roof top 3rd brake light, as well as dome, turn signals, instrument turn signals warning, license plate...

Would like to see your product line card!
Al

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
435 Posts
since you do have such a widely varying power level for these lights, and I have your attention, what lumen level would you suggest for someone upgrading a full-size-Bronco from incandescent? assume we want it brighter than stock, but don't want to blind some poor guy in a Miata next to us in traffic.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
since you do have such a widely varying power level for these lights, and I have your attention, what lumen level would you suggest for someone upgrading a full-size-Bronco from incandescent? assume we want it brighter than stock, but don't want to blind some poor guy in a Miata next to us in traffic.
Hey there!

What product are you specifically referring to or bulb location are you wanting to upgrade?

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry... I type faster than I think.

Let's start with Turn Signals. you have 250, 310, and 510 lumen options...
I personally am running our XP80 LED bulbs for my turn signals and brake lights and couldn't be happier with the output!

Our HP48 LED upgrade bulbs use 48 LEDs in omnidirectional design at 250 lumens.

Our HP11 LED upgrade bulbs use four COB type LED with a single high-power chip mounted at the top at 310 lumens.

Our XP80 LED upgrade bulbs use sixteen high-power 5W LEDs arranged in all directions at 510 lumens.

Plus, all replacement/upgrade bulbs include a hassle-free 3-year warranty!

Please, feel free to shoot us a direct message for an exclusive free shipping code for all US forum members.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 304K miles
1,387 Posts
It appears we/this group is "tawkinabout" the Older Broncos and "yous guys" are "tawkinabout" the New Broncos or do you make LED's for both?

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
435 Posts
Our XP80 LED upgrade bulbs use sixteen high-power 5W LEDs arranged in all directions at 510 lumens.
OK, let's talk installation, then.

16x5W = 80W
80W/12V=6.6666A per socket.
The "load" resistor you sell is 6Ohms, which works out to 2A draw at 12V. (EDITED to correct this question, had the numbers backwards)
So, when running these XP80 LEDs, do you find the current draw is sufficient to spoof the system into thinking an incandescent bulb is installed?

and, on a related topic, the LED bulbs you sell contain their own current limiting resistors, so they function as-is in a 12-14V system? (just making sure another resistor isn't needed)

It appears we/this group is "tawkinabout" the Older Broncos and "yous guys" are "tawkinabout" the New Broncos or do you make LED's for both?
I've poked around their website, and the selection is quite broad, with a pretty good search engine. They have stuff that fits my '96.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We offer LED products for the Ford Bronco from old to the 2021+ Ford Bronco!

If you need assistance, I'll be more than happy to help.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, let's talk installation, then.

16x5W = 80W
80W/12V=6.6666A per socket.
The "load" resistor you sell is 6Ohms, which works out to 2A draw at 12V. (EDITED to correct this question, had the numbers backwards)
So, when running these XP80 LEDs, do you find the current draw is sufficient to spoof the system into thinking an incandescent bulb is installed?

and, on a related topic, the LED bulbs you sell contain their own current limiting resistors, so they function as-is in a 12-14V system? (just making sure another resistor isn't needed)

I've poked around their website, and the selection is quite broad, with a pretty good search engine. They have stuff that fits my '96.
Our XPR series LED bulbs do not require resistors.

However, our HP48, HP11, and XP80 will require our additional resistor kit.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
82 bko... And I don't care if I blind the Miata in front of me 😏...I just wanna see the damn road with broader side projection like these newer rigs... Don't suggest anything with a "halo". I don't like those.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
82 bko... And I don't care if I blind the Miata in front of me 😏...I just wanna see the damn road with broader side projection like these newer rigs... Don't suggest anything with a "halo". I don't like those.
I'd recommend checking our Stage Series line-up of products assembled right here in the US!

We offer SAE-compliant road-legal LED pods and light bar options. They include universal mounting brackets and hardware.

It's important to note, we use our patent-pending TIR (total internal reflection) optics!

Learn more about our TIR optics here:

SS3 LED Pods:

SSC2 LED Pods:

SSC1 LED Pods:

Stage Series Light Bars (SAE-compliant: SS6 and SS12 Light Bars):

We have additional wiring harnesses for sale that is simple to obtain power.

Sorry for the information overload folks!

Please, feel free to send us a direct message for more information for your specific application.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
I see Broncos
6,036 Posts
Any chance of making "Smart" flasher modules for the 80-96 Bronco? I have a couple of SmartTap modules in my Toyotas and love them. Just wish I could get one for my Bronco, really miss that tap to pass functionality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts