Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I joined this site about a year ago when I first wanted a Bronco. However, every Bronco I drove seemed to have some serious issues that I didn't want to deal with. So I ended up getting a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I ended up selling that about 6 months later because I wasn't driving it as much as I thought I would. So most recently I got the Bronco "itch" again. I test drove a 1996 Eddie Bauer that was in great shape but it was a little more than I wanted to spend ($4000). I showed the Bronco to a couple that I'm friends with and they liked it alot so they ended up buying it. They themselves have had a 1994 Eddie Bauer Bronco since new. They've used it to pull a race trailer all over the country (Mike races in the Hot Street class in the NMRA) so it has a crap-load of miles on it, 261K to be exact. The only thing really wrong with it is the exhaust leak from the passenger side header (I think) and that it has a hard time passing emissions. And it needs a good washing/cleaning/polishing/waxing. I will post some before and after pictures of the cleanup process as soon as I'm done. Some cool things that are installed on it are an exhaust temperature gauge and rear air springs that they used when pulling their trailer. They have used Mobil 1 10W30 since new, which I will continue to use. Oh, yeah, it has GT40 heads on it as well. I bought it for $1000. Not a bad deal considering it has almost new tires on it and a brand new Optima red-top battery. It's always been in New Mexico so not a speck of rust but the paint definitely has seen better days. I will post some pics after I clean her up. Thanks for reading and I look forward to learning some good stuff from you guys. Heck, I already went out and bought some tamper proof torx bits up to T60 to take the top off :) And a brand new Craftsman 154 pc. tool-set to keep in her, and a 2 million candle-power flood/spotlight, and a Mag-Lite, and some ratcheting wrenches, and a new set of screwdrivers, and a 4# sledge, I love tools :chili:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts