Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Greetings from Oklahoma.

864 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  BroncMom 
#1 ·
Hello,
Been a lurker for a while and wanted to take the plunge. I've wanted a Bronco since I was a kid and finally made it happen last week. A 1995 white Bronco with a 5-speed manual transmission. Now...I've never been a gearhead, and I'm not exactly what you'd call mechanically inclined, so I'll probably live in the newbie forum. I appreciate all the info I've gotten so far just lurking. You guys are awesome!

Little bit more about me:
I do some amateur blacksmithing and knife making. I'm a firearms instructor and enthusiast. I really enjoy long range/precision shooting. I enjoy wetshaving either with a straight razor or double edge safety razor. Annnnnd if you have a dog I want to pet it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome @Sapp! Thats a nice Oj you have. If you are not a gear head now you will be the longer you own the Bronco. lol. You are at the right spot to learn. Now, let's see some pics of your knife forging. I'm a Forged in Fire addict.

#4 ·
Welcome

Very easy to work on a Bronco. In order for the guys to help … make sure you get a code reader. You have a chance that the 1995 is OBD2. You will have a plug in port down by the ash tray .. close to the passenger side. If not you have ODB1 and there is decent code reader on Amazon. I would also get the long cord so you can sit on the drivers seat and read the codes. You can use a jumper wire and count flashes … but this is easier.

Invest in some tools .. just like blacksmithing … you need the right tool for the job. You can always wait until you need a tool and buy it then.

You don't need to be a big gear head … but these Broncos need love .. and paying a gear head 100$ per hour gets expensive. Every time a mechanic opens the hood I expect to pay $350. Even for replacing a starter .. that is only two bolts.. and a few wires.

Whatever issue you are having ..... I can just about guarantee some else (on here) has had the same issue... and will be more than willing to share what they did to fix the issue.

How is that clutch? I just replaced mine on the 1996 (302) … by myself .... and the only help I received was a few threads on here … and some quality feedback from the members.

https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-...s=Ford+oDB1+code+reader&qid=1619550556&sr=8-1

#6 ·
Awesome! I'll look into picking one up. The clutch seems to be just fine right now. The truck has 134k miles on it, and seems like it was decently taken care of. The interior leaves some to be desired, but that will give me a project to work on. Thanks for the advise, I'm glad everyone is so helpful here.

#8 ·
OMYGOODNESS!! That thing is BEAUTIFUL!

And welcome to the forum, where there is lots of great gearheads and help.

#7 ·
Yo Sapp,
Welcome!
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 non-padded posts required to participate, due to scammers who preyed on our members).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

➡See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Take time to participate in our next Full-Size of the Month & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to the winner!; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

#10 ·
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the 95. Great work on the knife. The Bronco and the blade both look great.

Reactions: BigBlue 94
#14 ·
Annnnnd if you have a dog I want to pet it.
Welcome to the forum... Congrats on fulfilling a lifelong dream 👍 looks like she's in great shape. just wait for the "hey oj" comments to start rolling in the more u drive her 🙄 (not even the right gen but I get em all the time 🙄)
Ps...I have 5 dogs 😁 they all want petted 😊
Dog Photograph Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.