Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Portsmouth, Virginia!

I'm new to the forum, but long accustomed to big ole Broncos.

Currently putting new life back into my 88 (da money pit). If the weather gods keep smiling, I'll be installing a shiney new Frankensteined 302 HO engine this weekend.

There are 3 Bronco's in my local dysfunctional family of friends. After mine, we're swapping out a stroked 302 for a 351 in a another 88.

I've already gotten some good info searching the forums. Hope to meet y'all in the mud some day.

Any local folks from southeast VA or northeast NC lurking around here?

Jeff Johnston

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ironclad said:
Greetings from Portsmouth, Virginia!

I'm new to the forum, but long accustomed to big ole Broncos.

Currently putting new life back into my 88 (da money pit). If the weather gods keep smiling, I'll be installing a shiney new Frankensteined 302 HO engine this weekend.

There are 3 Bronco's in my local dysfunctional family of friends. After mine, we're swapping out a stroked 302 for a 351 in a another 88.

I've already gotten some good info searching the forums. Hope to meet y'all in the mud some day.

Jeff Johnston
Well I'm not in VA anymore but I used to live in Hampton for a couple of years. Does Phoebus ring any bells? I'm a little farther south now, Georgia but I do get up to VA usually once a year so the grand parents can see the chillins...

Welcome to the Dixie Chapter and FSB. I'll let Blaze go over the rules... He's real good at it! :shocked

Joe

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
I didn't know that about you Jadam, two Hampton Roads boys make it to GA. I'm from Poquoson. Grew up there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
SMOOTH said:
I didn't know that about you Jadam, two Hampton Roads boys make it to GA. I'm from Poquoson. Grew up there.
My dad retired from the Army while stationed at Ft. Monroe. I lived there in the early 80's, that's where I got my start in EMS. I moved to Denver, got transfered to Atlanta and the rest is history... :thumbup

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
anyone know if there are any 4 wheelin parks in va?? i have a few places we go in chesapeake, but im looking for a real park to go to, anyone know of one close to chesapeake or in va period lol

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

Jeff Johnston
um....a few of us, check out the dixie chapter threads. we have some gatherings coming up you could join in on.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186470
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187057
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184301

anyone know if there are any 4 wheelin parks in va?? i have a few places we go in chesapeake, but im looking for a real park to go to, anyone know of one close to chesapeake or in va period lol
no parks near by. there are quite a few trails tho, but about 3-4 hours away in GWNF (george washington national forest). the last link is a trip we are doing in 2 weeks to GWNF. there is a park even further, i cant remember the name, its north of harrisonburg maybe another hour (making it about 5 hours from HR). MEB has an annual event there in june or july, i am really trying to go this year.

where do you go in chesapeake?

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
welcome to FSB. nice looking truck, cant wait to meet u guys at one of our upcoming events. need to look at doing a club again. (rite jfritts)

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
no parks near by. there are quite a few trails tho, but about 3-4 hours away in GWNF (george washington national forest). the last link is a trip we are doing in 2 weeks to GWNF. there is a park even further, i cant remember the name, its north of harrisonburg maybe another hour (making it about 5 hours from HR). MEB has an annual event there in june or july, i am really trying to go this year.
The Cove Campground, Gore, VA, near Winchester. It has a full range of trails from a few stocker friendly easy trails to crazy hardcore trails/obsiticals. But it's only open for wheeling a few times a year. MEB holds the East Coast Bronco Round Up there in June and Big Dogs holds 4 events there Spring to Fall.

Closer to Tidewater is Crozet - it's open year round but is a private park. Best East Coast wheeling though is Rausch Creek in Joliet, PA. MEB will be having a Snow Run there in February. They run the East Coast KOH qualifier there.

Oh, Welcome to FSB BTW!

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure how this got dug up, but did anyone notice the date this thread was started?

Thanks for the welcome guys... but I've been a member of this forum since 2003. :thumbup

(Need to update my profile I reckon... don't live in P-town anymore... I live in Driver out Suffolk way now a days.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Not sure how this got dug up, but did anyone notice the date this thread was started?

Thanks for the welcome guys... but I've been a member of this forum since 2003. :thumbup

(Need to update my profile I reckon... don't live in P-town anymore... I live in Driver out Suffolk way now a days.

holy old post batman! i completely missed the date of the op....guess you oughta be welcoming some of us.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I missed it too.Till i got to the end.
I was like i've been wheeling with this guy a few times.He's not new Duh.
Hey Jeff Get up with me sometime

·
Registered
17 Posts

where do you go in chesapeake?
its a big flat land area where we have dug a few pits, just a place we built for the local 4x4s and 4 wheelers. some of the holes i cant even make it through anymore without sinking my truck.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbup

Well thanks for the re-welcome but I haven't gone anywhere... still have my Bronco, just don't play around as much with her as I used to.

Yeah... we need to reconnect and get back out and about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts