Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For My Democratic Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice

not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :chili:

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
you know, there isnt one democrat on here that is offended by "merry christmas". none of us are vegans, or peta members, or part of the sierra club. all of own SUVs (obviously), most own guns, and hate tree huggers. we dont care if gays marry, because it really doesnt matter what they hell they do. we are all for medical research that involves animals and stem cells. and sure, sometimes other cultures need a bigger voice and some more rights.

this doesnt make me a extreme leftist scum. i disagree with alot of stuff that the democrats do. i just disagree with slightly more stuff that the republicans do. if in your eyes, that makes me cindy sheehan or michael moore, then im very depressed, because both the left and the right have to work together to get shit done. and if you have written me off as a wacko extremist, then that aint going to happen.

im also depressed that you have gotten swept up in this "war on christmas." the bush admin aint havin their greatest months these days, and sometimes the heads need something to talk about to distract everyone from that. christians are about as oppressed as the new york yankees. to think that your religion is being persecuted is crazy. im pretty sure 43 presidents in a row shoots that theory to shit.

and by the way, when i say happy holidays, im talking about christmas and new years. its just easier that way, because i have SHIT TO DO.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Happy holidays, SquattyD.

It's kinda funny how when two sides move to opposite ends of extremism and put up a fence in the middle, the folks who aren't really on either side wind up sitting on top of the fence and get yelled at by both sides.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
good point. there are no Christian Democrats. There aren't any Jewish Republicans either.
There's nothing in his statement to exclude Christians from his sentiment.

And why does everyone who does not celebrate Christmas have to be Jewish? Can't they be Muslin, Shintoist, Bhuddist, Aetheist, Agnostic, Hindu, Gypsies, Taoist, or belive in a traditional tribal religion bases on ancestor worship?:shrug

·
Registered
172 Posts
For My Democratic Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice

not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thats alot of shite to write in a christmas card, but its sad its come to this.
One of the christmas cards I received this year the picture on the cover was The holy mother Mary kicking Santa claus in the ass out of the picture.

have a happy new year.

·
crank trigger
8,158 Posts
the evangelical fundies out in my neck of the woods are burning their christmas trees because they think the trees aren't CHRISTIAN-NUH!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Potamus said:
And why does everyone who does not celebrate Christmas have to be Jewish? Can't they be Muslin, Shintoist, Bhuddist, Aetheist, Agnostic, Hindu, Gypsies, Taoist, or belive in a traditional tribal religion bases on ancestor worship?:shrug
No, they must be Jewish.:twak

brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts