Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving home from north carolina to florida on leave. got 5 miles from georgia and i hear a bad grinding. pull over and my pinion is busted loose and just spins in the rear. found another one for $200. kind of high but its the same year so it has VSS.

·
Registered
453 Posts
whats vss? o and i just read ur sig and i totally agree after high school im goin to join

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
1. PICS!!!!
2. nice find, does the new (kinda) one have a LSD or anything? Are you going to go through it first? Definitely change the fluid before it goes in though.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
driving home from north carolina to florida on leave. got 5 miles from georgia and i hear a bad grinding. pull over and my pinion is busted loose and just spins in the rear. found another one for $200. kind of high but its the same year so it has VSS.
Are you asking a question or telling us a story? If it's a story, this doesn't go in the tech section.

·
ford freak
731 Posts
how did you do it? wheeling? towing? or just lack of maintenance?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
threads like this are pretty much useless without pics.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill get pictures when i tear into it after its out. i found a quarter size hole in the diff cover though. i went and looked at the rear i found, and the guy says it was makin a noise right before he wrecked it, and it was still in the truck so i think 200 is pretty high. im just gonna keep lookin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts