Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Paxton blower gave up and the bearing and the impeller broke but I vas not sure if something hapen to my engine but I took the engine out and opened it up but no problem not ewen wear on that 54k motor but the big block is not ready yet and ned all kinds of swap parts and transmission to finish that so untill then its going to be 387 cid 3.85 stroke 4 inch bore 10.7:1 compession and rebuild the paxton and port the heads and bigger cam and we will see what thats throw out

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,865 Posts
so the impellar just failed or did something get sucked into it?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm glad to see that the motor didn't suffer any damage. I've seen what happens when pieces of an impeller enters the engine. Not pretty at all.

Do you have the MAP injection on that motor? I'm interested in learning about how to tune the older style when adding a cam or whatever to hop it up.

mR

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Hey Oscar, if I ever get orders to keflavic will you build my rig for me?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
your trucks name is Grinch?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i chuckled because of the little tires on the front, then it dawned on me, those "little tires" are probably still 29"-30" tires.

Hope the Grinch gets better soon!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Do you have the MAP injection on that motor? I'm interested in learning about how to tune the older style when adding a cam or whatever to hop it up.

mR
He's got a 96, so his EFI was originally mass air, not speed density.

With a supercharged 351 though, I'd imagine he'd need bigger injectors and would have had to tune for that. You can do it with a 'calibrated MAF' sensor, but that's the wrong way to do it. The other way is with a TwEECer, or going aftermarket EFI, like MegaSquirt.

There's plenty of information on here about tuning MR, just search for mass air, and you'll find all kinds of threads with side information about what you do and do not need, links, etc.

·
Registered
500 Posts
He's got a 96, so his EFI was originally mass air, not speed density.

With a supercharged 351 though, I'd imagine he'd need bigger injectors and would have had to tune for that. You can do it with a 'calibrated MAF' sensor, but that's the wrong way to do it. The other way is with a TwEECer, or going aftermarket EFI, like MegaSquirt.

There's plenty of information on here about tuning MR, just search for mass air, and you'll find all kinds of threads with side information about what you do and do not need, links, etc.

Thanks for the info, Bronco. I'm more interested in the tuning for the speed density system. I haven't searched yet though, so I thought I would briefly ask, since the subject was somewhat at hand. I understand, at least a little, about tuning for the mass air system, but I was wondering the limits of the speed density system. Either way, I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll quietly step out.

Get better though Grinch, my bronco looks up to you... literally!!

mR

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice... can you do me a favor... build two and send me one... you take personal checks right? :toothless
ooo you want one to:toothless
remember this is a budged build and is going out of the truck this summer have allmost ready $ 15000 545cid efi but need transmission and few other things to complete that monster :beer

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
weeeeaaak.

can you tell im jelous???

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
ooo you want one to:toothless
remember this is a budged build and is going out of the truck this summer have allmost ready $ 15000 545cid efi but need transmission and few other things to complete that monster :beer
Well, shoot, just to save you having to store that "temporary" engine, when you're done with it just send it along to me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts