Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched the extended DVD's of both Death Proof and Planet Terror last night.

Anyone else?

Whatcha think?

:popc1:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also think Planet Terror was the better of the two.

The good stuff in Death Proof was really good, but you had to go thru crap to get to it. I bet the short version that was in theaters was better.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
"They f**ked with the wrong Mexican" :histerica

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
I loved the Charger, Challenger and even the Nova

but most of all I love the Vanessa Ferlito chasis the best :hump

Sixlitre

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The good stuff in Death Proof was really good, but you had to go thru crap to get to it. I bet the short version that was in theaters was better.
Thats for sure. The lap dance with the "****** Tonk Down in Mexico" song was awesome.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i liked them both, i thought the action in death proof was good. i liked the kurt russel character, kinda reminded me of a freind of mine. thought the crash with the nova was the best part of the movie with the tire tearing that head off the one girl in the back seat. i didnt care too much for all the chick talk in the begining, i fast forward through the first 10 mins or so. i like cheesy zombie movies the best, so overall the pair of movies was good entertainment. 2 thumbs up:twotu:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tarantino got in his own way. Rodriguez took the campy schloky crap and made it work and work well.

And the whole sex scene in Planet......................just when it was gettin good. Dammit.

I think someone told me that the "Machete" trailer was gonna get turned into a real flick.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
there was a bit of dark comedy in death proof, russel's character ends up being a bitch.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
Death Proof's biggest attraction for me is that all the car stunts are REAL. Not the close-ups like the tire going thru chicky's face; but all the flips & hits & wrecks & racing. Even Zoe on the hood is real - she's actually tied down better than the story makes it seem, but it's really her and they're really haulin' ass.
I'd like to tie Zoe Bell down to the hood of my truck. :hump

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Death Proof's biggest attraction for me is that all the car stunts are REAL. Not the close-ups like the tire going thru chicky's face; but all the flips & hits & wrecks & racing. Even Zoe on the hood is real - she's actually tied down better than the story makes it seem, but it's really her and they're really haulin' ass.
Yeah we watched all the special features. That is some great stuff. Like I said, what was good (to me), was REAL good.

there was a bit of dark comedy in death proof, russel's character ends up being a bitch.
The four of us laughed our ASSES off when he was screamin.

When they first picked her up at the airport I was all...............uh...........what? Eww.

But then she got better lookin and if you check the special features and see the part just for her..........man that bitch is HAWT!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I didnt get to see Planet Terror, turns out you have to pay for both on PPV even thought they play one right after the other.

Death Proof had a bunch of crap at the beggining. Me and my mom were like WTF but the 2nd half with the new set of chicks was pretty dang funny. Laughed my ass when the Zoe chick jumped up from the grass.

I did get to see the Machete preview though (5 min preview...) and that was funny as hell!!!!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Is she really an Aussie

or is that just a put on accent ?

BTW, no arguments there Deadeye, she's yours. I'll take any of the other three in that segment, okay maybe the cheerleader first.

Sixlitre

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts
Didn't ANY of you catch the part of DeathProof where they talk about her being a kiwi? :twak

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Did you watch the special features? She started off as Lucy Lawless' stunt woman in Xena: Warrior Princess. So, yes: that's her real accent.
Missed that

and I called her an Aussie !:doh0715: That's like calling an Irishman and Englishman ! (or visa versa;))

Lucy Lawless ! I'd nearly forgotten about her. Man, in the early days of that Xena series, she was somethin' !

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 27 Posts