Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden on Saturday I start hearing this scary deep moaning grinding when depressing on the brakes. At a few different times I heard what sounding like someone twanged a huge spring under the truck.

Can brakes go just like that?? And a big spring? WTF?

I'd check em myself but don't know how and can't. Will have to rely on shelling out $$$ to have it done - however much that is.

Jerkey

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Sounds like your pads are gone and you are rubbing metal on metal. Just take the wheel off and you can tell right off if they are bad. The rotor will grounded up instead of mirror smooth. If the front looks smooth try to fell with a finger between the dust shield and the rotor and see if the rotor feels very ruff not smooth. If they need to be replaced don't drive the vehicle in this state.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Short of putting windshield wiper fluid in the reservoir, brakes are just about the easiest thing to do on your truck.... Get a manual, the proper tools and learn something....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I redid the pads on my truck in about 15 min. Not too bad for learning as i do it(have a manual just mislocated). very easy job.
Tim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I just got my manual today so I'm starting to read through it ....... this stuff is about as new to me as a baby. sadly. but there is a basic free auto mech class that starts in January so I'm psyched for that. It will be the best thing for me. :)

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
We all had to learn some time!!!:thumbup Good luck brutha, we're here if'n ya need us!!:beer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts