Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
huh
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find some grip tape.. I just fell off on my damn truck and landed back first on a wooden block.. not fun at all..

i was looking for some at home depot but couldnt find it.. what section would it be in?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I don't know about the others, but Crazed would be one to ask... he put some on the sliders I built for him. I know he got his at home depot... but where, :shrug

·
huh
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked around for it a couple of days ago but couldnt find.. asked some of the people who worked there but they had no clue was i was talking about..

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
skateboard shop. any local small "extreme" sport type sporting goods store should have some, or tell you where to get some. you know the place, sells mt bikes, kayaks, rollerblades, that kind of stuff.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I was gonna post the grip tape idea....

But, When i used to skate, Grip tape doesnt last long in water...It loses its roughness. I know on the nerf bars that westin sells, The either yous rubber pads, or some industrial nonskid material.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
I would recommend using Herculiner.
You can get a quart for about 29 bucks and it is waterproof, salt proof, sun proof, etc. You can apply as much or as little as possible.
Plus if you buy some for the sliders you can apply it on a few other things too like the windshield wiper arms, rain gutters and/or roof since that is usually the second thing to rust, and of course we all know the first thing to rust is the tailgate, so take off the metal cover inside your tailgate and apply some herculiner on the inside bottom of the tailgate and you will never have to worry about your tail gate rusting.

(I should be in sales for herculiner).

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
watch out cause fiction tape hurts like hell when you drag your leg across it when trying to get out

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Pool supply store, Pep Boys (ie replacement running board tape), skate board shop (mentioned above). But I think the herculiner sounds like the best Idea if it was me. Good luck

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,167 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about this too. I'll have to put something on my sliders when I finally install them to keep my old lady from breaking her neck when she gets out. I like Beerman's idea of the herculiner..that will probably work the best..

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
the herculiner shouldn't wear out as quick as tape or rubber step pieces.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
acklands/grainger will have some or any fleet safety store.

·
Registered
463 Posts
go to a wakeboard board shop and the make some water proof grip tape for wake skates. that stuff can take a beating.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
good call Crazed :thumbup

if all else fails you can pump some sheet metal screws in it for traction ... a small condensed area that would be the step area and then paint right over them

I put small screws up through the floorboards of my quad and my feet never slipped .. even with flat bottom motocross boots on in knee deep water/mud :thumbup

1 - 20 of 39 Posts