Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I'm currently in the market for a set of cheap 35ish inch tires.

I came across a set of 5 grooved "1/3 tread" bias TSL's in 36x12.50-15 for $250. For those in the know, are these 1/3 ish tread or are they less? At first glance, i'm thinking less, but aren't around this type of tire much.

that's about the best pic. i asked the guy for tread in 32's, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Decent deal, or keep looking?

Justin

·
ate lug
88, 90, 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,191 Posts
Me personally i wouldnt buy either of those sets.

The 36s look like 1/3 to me, looks like they grooved the wear bars. Not a bad price for what they are i guess.

the 38s are pretty low too, no way is that 3/4 tread (id say an optimistic 1/2 at most), and the wheels have a million holes in em for rim screws, which might make em damn near impossible to balance, not to mention in sure they wouldnt pass inspection.

·
Registered
192 Posts
lol

I'd keep lookin. :shrug

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but it shows that there are good deals to be had out there.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/791190912.html
Actually those are no longer for sale because I just bought them.:rockon They are probably 40% tread, they have a ton of life, for a hunting truck like mine, they are radials and they were cheap and all hold air. You will see them in an upcoming post.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They still haven't sold, but I have another set of 35's I'm even more interested in. They're nothing fancy, just a set of 35" A/T's, but i figure for what i want this truck to do they'd be more suitable.

Might nab the 36's anyway to toss on a set of spare wheels and have play tires, but I really need to find out about the 35's first.

Justin

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
They should be fine for trail tires but I wouldn't trust them on the road. Besides on the steet you'd be lucky to get another 5000 miles out of them. Those tires look like they were run mainly on the street they are definately grooved below the wear bars but still for 250 good trail tires. I would offer him $150 though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.