Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I would search, but I'm in the middle of nowhere and I see a strap hanging under the passenger side seat. Where does it attach to the frame? Everything seems to be working fine.

Can this wait until I find a dry garage?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
I believe that strap should screw into the seat bracket somewhere.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I crawled under and I looks like the clip broke, probably from heavy ice today, or just age. Everything seems to be working just fine at this point. I'll see if Napa has one this weekend?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
I misunderstood, is this strap underneath your rig? do you have a picture of it? trying to think what might be under the passenger side.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I misunderstood, is this strap underneath your rig? do you have a picture of it? trying to think what might be under the passenger side.
Correct, it is underneath the cab. The strap connects the cab to the frame. It has come offthe frame

·
Super Moderator
26,078 Posts
yo,
For posterity;
Engine Block pic in a 94 5.8; "...The black battery wire goes from the front bolt of the engine mount (on the block) to this tab & up to the battery post, where a smaller black wire goes to the core support, providing a continuous ground path between the engine, frame, battery, & body.
On older trucks, the engine terminal goes to a starter bolt..."

Source: by CodysBigBlueBronco (how much $???)

Frame & Battery pic in a 93; "...With the wheelwell gone, it's easy to inspect the frame ground, just inboard of the spring tower on top of the frame rail. The battery ground cable is stripped ~3/4" and a tab is soldered on so it can be bolted to the frame..."

With the wheelwell gone, it's easy to inspect the frame ground, just inboard of the spring tower on top of the frame rail. The battery ground cable is stripped ~3/4" and a tab is soldered on so it can be bolted to the frame. The thumbnail below is a 4.9L frame ground:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/770502
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck)

Intake Manifold to Block Strap Location pic in a 96 5.0 (I think the upper intake is Removed in this pic)

Source: by boss (bossind, Steve)

See Ground Location Diagrams in a 96

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your help. I happen to see another Bronco, same year or so and looked at it. The frame end has a clip (mines broken) and clips on the radius arm bracket. Everything is working fine, so hopefully I'm good until the part comes in. Thanks again

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
did it look like this?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently its a radio bond strap. Sounds like it's not really needed. Still, I may check the JY for one as I don't see them anywhere new at this point.

·
Super Moderator
26,078 Posts
yo,
Consider adding a ground point in same area using commonly available straps; or DIY cables and connectors.
Engine Ground & Bonding Strap 10 Gauge 8" Length, for example;
Replacement for body to engine block straps. Solves light dimming problems by grounding charging system. Also reduces radio noise. Copper braided wire with tin-plated brass ring terminals - 3/8” stud size ring terminal.•2 Per Package

RACO Ground Clip, Side Mount, 14-10 AWG Wire
$0.65 / each
@ electrical supply stores; or Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
see what size you need.

and for posterity
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18841&stc=1&d=1322499631
Coil, Capacitor, Radio Suppression

Location pic; Middle, Bottom, silver colored; Ford Partial PN at top is 0830 & EZTF; at Coil

Source: by TRUCKY18 (Bco)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts