Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know where to post this so i guess it can be moved if needed.I called bent and twisted to order a set of their "extended radius arms" and talked to a guy named Mike.These are the same ones like "Nameless" has.Anyways,Mike said that a group buy is possible if 5 people are interested.They raised the price to 80 bucks if you buy them alone but if we get a group buy it would be 70 bux plus shipping.He also stated that they were never a screw on because of problems they were having so they slide over the existing radius arms and then you weld them on.I am in for sure and if anyone else is let me know because I want to order these ASAP so i can start on working on my truck.If you want you can call them at 530-342-3003 and ask for mike or you can email me or PM me.The sooner the better!!! :rockon

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got off the phone with Mike and he said if anyone is interested in that group buy and we have 5 people,to call him and mention my name(Jon) and you are with the bronco group buy.He said he hasnt had any problems with the extensions or hasnt heard anything problems about them from his customers.He also stated that he has had them on his rig for about 3 years.

Update:I ordered my set today and comes in tuesday or wednesday

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think nameless said 12"...Let me check

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Theres a post in '78 '79 about Tommy's...that rocks RIIP cause it just so happens I e-mailed mike about them today. I will be sure and mention you for the discount. (he may think I was talking about you cause I mentioned "a guy in my club" I never said Tommy..:shrug) Thanks for the hook up dude!! :beer

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blaze said:
Theres a post in '78 '79 about Tommy's...that rocks RIIP cause it just so happens I e-mailed mike about them today. I will be sure and mention you for the discount. (he may think I was talking about you cause I mentioned "a guy in my club" I never said Tommy..:shrug) Thanks for the hook up dude!! :beer

:rockon :rockon No problem,Glad I can help you out.Give Mike a call and mention my name and the fullsizebronco group buy.I ordered my set today and should come in wednesday along with my winch :beer

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Ok...going to show my ignorance. I haven't searched for this - frankly, I don't ever remember this being discussed; and I've been here a while and check every day. What would the extended radius arms do - and do you have to have a lift to use them? I know these are simple questions; I just don't have that much experience to know.

:brownbag
Bill

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Thanks! :thumbup
Still kinda lost, though...I have to read it again later and do some more reseach on my own.

I am under the assumption these are just for solid axles?? Can I not replace the ones on my TTB? :brownbag

Bill

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! :thumbup
Still kinda lost, though...I have to read it again later and do some more reseach on my own.

I am under the assumption these are just for solid axles?? Can I not replace the ones on my TTB? :brownbag

Bill

I dont know if they will fit a TTB but you can be the guinea pig for the rest of the TTB owners out there :toothless .It is basically an extension to the solid axle radius arms so it will give you some more flex and in my case alleviate some pinion angle.

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
Just as a note, when I ordered them for drexelsteve for Christmas, I also spoke to Mike and asked him why they had raised the price because I think it was Nameless who said they were about sixty bucks.

He told me that they had switched cutters for them and as a result, price was raised simply because the quality of the product had improved significantly. He said they were cut a lot cleaner and with heavier materials so the overall performance of them had improved greatly. And he was right - they're a solid set of arms and the cut on them was wonderful!

Also, shipping cost about twleve bucks to get them UPS Ground from California to Pennsylvania for any of you who wanted an idea.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input,im sure some people were wondering why including me

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:twak :rockon :thumbup :santa :toothless ...

Did you order your set?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,263 Posts
Hmm....I may have to get in on this..

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondering who has bought a set already...TTT

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they only come with a standard threaded end.

Also thank you to whoever was in charge for making it a sticky :beer

1 - 20 of 79 Posts