Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my windshield replaced last saturday because it was a monsoon in my truck when raining, literally was like a faucet was on, right on my drivers side knee. I told that to the guy at the glass place and he said it was due to a bad install job, yada yada yada. well guess what it is the first time it rained since the install and it is leaking! it is only a little bit but looks like I will be spending tomorrow morning at the glass place. my headliner is now saging so i am going to pull everything off the roof so they can really check exactly where it is leaking from. hopefully it is not a hole in the roof! But man was my old windshield beat up, it is so clear driving now.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
leaks are one of the larger pains in the asses on vehicles. tracking down the source can often be tricky and time consuming. good luck!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am a pro at it now!!! this is my 3rd ford with a leaky windshield. My first lightning (02) leaked right from the factory, 4 windshields and like 8 trips to the dealer and I guess a crap load of silicone and they finally fixed it. My 05 mustang also leaked from the factory, 4 trips to the dealer, 2 windshields and still not sure if it is fixed.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
wow you don't have any good luck with windsheilds huh? When I worked at Land Rover we had a boat load come in for leaks. Most came from mounting points at the roof rack but some came right at the corners of the windsheilds. Hopefully they will fix it for you

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow you don't have any good luck with windsheilds huh? When I worked at Land Rover we had a boat load come in for leaks. Most came from mounting points at the roof rack but some came right at the corners of the windsheilds. Hopefully they will fix it for you
tell me about it! sucks

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Windshield dont leak, but something in the rear does, climbed into the back of the bronco so I could start loading up the few things that I am bringing with me to NY and the carpet was soaked!!!.. No idea where the water is coming from.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine leaks too, in the top center of the window. I'm not sure if it's my window or possibly the lund visor I have. Good thing is it a garage queen, so it really doesn't see rain to often. I have to fix my head liner, so I'll try to figure out where it's coming from

·
Registered
29 Posts
Windshield dont leak, but something in the rear does, climbed into the back of the bronco so I could start loading up the few things that I am bringing with me to NY and the carpet was soaked!!!.. No idea where the water is coming from.
I have the same problem. Mine would sometimes leak around the windshield, but I tore out the interior and found cracks on each side right behind the drip rails, and water could get in. If it would catch the molding around the door, it would drain right into the front headliner trim piece, and leak if I hit the brakes. I have it stopped with RTV for now, but come springtime, I am going to patch it up.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
re-placement shields leak do to installers not cleaning the old sealer off before install. some other leaks i have also fixed include... b-piller leak (pull the cap an take a look) a bit of seam sealer and all is good, tail gate weather stripping (cheep enough to re-place), weatherstrip for the side cap windows (pulled and cleaned up the rubber). lots of other leaks out there, but this was the fix to my titanic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts