Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question , I want to put gt40 heads on my 351w but still want to keep emmissions ( want to pass inspection ). Do ALL gt40 heads come with the hole for the cross tube or not ? If they all dont come with the hole , is there any way i can install heads without the cross tube and still pass ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If you don't have the cross tube (or have deleted it), you will still pass emissions inspection. On my prior 94 Bronco that I just sold, I had GT40P heads that have no provision for the cross tube and that truck passed emissions well below the State minimum... Even for a visual check, most of the State inspectors look for a smog pump - and half of them don't even know what they are looking for anyway (and rarely do they EVER look behind or at the heads).

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
half of them don't even know what they are looking for anyway (and rarely do they EVER look behind or at the heads).
Amen for that

They didn't notice my PCV valve, hanging in the wind, breathing in fresh air and another (hooked to the valve cover) hanging down on top of the back of the trans:toothless

That alone dropped my CO2 readings into almost acceptable. A couple of more tricks and I was stylin' through my test :chili:

Sixlitre

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
so i take it the gt40 heads dont have the cross over tube?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
They should have the tube. I know Lightnings had it, at least. Whether the mid-90s (pre-GT40P) Exploder heads had 'em, I don't know.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Not trying to muck up/hijack the thread, but would a stock 302 pass emissions with the cross over tube off? I would assume it would, but would like to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts