Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of people are running gt 40 heads. Are yall also running the stock cam shaft or going with something else. And i have read that there are some issues with headers fitting on these heads. Will hedman have this problem? Also i saw that there are different levels of heads. I think it was p,w,y,z or something like that. Which one is better for off roading? And i have been researching so plz dont tell me to research. Just give me a quick answer plz

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just want alil bit more power. More then 210. I know the bronco is seen as a power house. And can perform as one witht the 300 pounds of torque but i want just alittle bit more. So i was thinking about doing a very mild head and cam build. I am looking for a package if possible.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
"seen as a powerhouse?" :histerica

Search up Gacknar, DavesBronc90, and RLKBob's engine builds. They should give you a little insight into what you want to do.

Does this guy remind anyone else of Roman?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why do i remind you of roman? and should i be offended?

·
Registered
99 Posts
GT40's first came around in 1993 on the cobra. They also found their way on to the first 2 years of 5.0 explores. They can be identified by "GT" cast on them and also three vertical bars cast on the front and rear of each head.

GT40P's replaced the GT40 on the explores in mid 97' and can be identified by four vertical bars cast on the front and rear of each head. They can also tell them apart by the spark plug holes. GT40P's have straight plugs which require special headers to clear them.

If you are looking for a direct bolt on, go with the GT40's and NOT the "P" heads.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright is there a head and cam package that includes the gt 40 heads?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I think it is the gt40p heads that are most desirable and they are the ones that need custom headers
(I Think)
Not most desirable, just least expensive.

"Y" "X" and "Z" heads are the more desirable, and there fore more expensive FRPP models.

So i was thinking about doing a very mild head and cam build.
What do you consider mild?
Whats your budget?

I am looking for a package if possible.
There is really no head/cam/intake package available for our trucks. You have to peice it together from individual parts to get the combo you are looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry to say but you will have to piece together your own cam and head package. I would just contact your favorite cam company and ask them what they would recommend for a lot of low end torque for a heavy truck.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i actually send you a pm. I was hoping to be around 300 headers, intake, intake manifold and h/c

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
well i actually send you a pm. I was hoping to be around 300 headers, intake, intake manifold and h/c
Do you mean $300.00 total for Heads, Cam, headers, and Intake :shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha no around 300 horses

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know for what i want torque is more a factory so maybe 300 horses and 350 in torque

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its pretty much unlimited but still dont need the biggest and best. I have a decent job for my age so i can save up a month or two if needed

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its sd. I have been reading on mafs swap. My camaro is that so I am pretty familiar with the system.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you have one hell of a set up there.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
you have one hell of a set up there.

The LSA on my cam is below 114*, so it wont work with your S.D. EFI.
But a cam with a 114* LSA and the rest of that setup will work fine with S.D.

So if you don't want to do a MAF swap, you dont have to.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i see that you have alot of extra's added into your kit. How much is actually necessary?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts