Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my newly built rear bumper. I did not take any pics of the build up, Sorry. It is made out of 4" C channel with a piece of 4"x1/4" stock on the top. I am planning on making a tire carrier for it in the near future. All questions or comments are welcome, Baked

Mounting point. I still need to get one more bolt on each side. Grade 8!

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
what happened to your frame???

Mine has the opposite problem, its slightly upwardly bent and since my bumper mounts are L shaped inside the frame my bumper sits slightly crooked.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
mine too, but it was thicker and on the bottom. Chain yanking at 5 grand helped ruin my bumper, and make my hitch crooked.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Looks good baked. I have a chunk of 6" x 2" C-chanel sitting on the floor of my garage. :thumbup I like that you taperd the ends.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
redwagon said:
looks like some one had a hitch welded on.
Yea they welded it on! I used the plasma to cut it off. Kinda scary:shocked The PO stuck a piece of rubber in between the gas tank and strap to stop a leak. Well the rubber is a bit saturated w/ gas. we were pretty edgy, Baked:toothless

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
90Beater said:
Looks good baked. I have a chunk of 6" x 2" C-chanel sitting on the floor of my garage. :thumbup I like that you taperd the ends.
Thanks! I hate to admitt it but my wife did most of the welds:brownbag
All of the designs are mine:thumbup . It keeps us both motivated to go to class and stay there. Cant wait to see yours! You do good work, Baked

1 - 10 of 10 Posts