Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after doing alot of thinking, debating, and thought process I've decided to keep the 79 and just build it. I'm in the process of finishing up my GSX-R and then going to be selling that to help fund the rest of this truck.

Here's the current list of stuff:
D44/9" completely stock
4" Rancho Lift with 35" BFG ATs

Well the 4" Rancho lift and 35" ATs are going to be sold and the D44/9" is going to go into my father's 88 4Runner.

I've located almost everything for my truck except a Dana 60 front.

Whats coming is the following:

Dana 60 with 35spl Inner and Outer with Warn Premiums, 4.88s and Detroit, Hi-Steer arms with Hydro-Assist, Cage Coil/RA mounts

14Bolt FF with 4.88s and detroit or lincoln locked, disc brakes

Deaver 6" Superflex springs, Cage Arms, Sky Rear Flip, 2" Superlift Springs

I'm going to run 39.5" Boggers on 16.5x12 DIY Beadlocks

I need to finish gathering parts to swap in my NP435 setup

Hopefully it'll be done by mid May so I can make it down to Harlan for a run.

Will post lots of pictures as I start the tear down.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do not sell the GSXR ,,,, :twak

you will be sorry later...
I know as I sold my old one a GSXR 1100 ... :cry

and it took me years to get the wife to "let" me have another one - I now have the 2006 GSXR 1000 and will never sell it again.. :chili:

Think about it a long time - what else can you buy that bone stock will ture quarter miles in 10 sec and has a top end that you will never reach,,, at least I let off the throttle at 145+ I would not even look at the spedo :shocked after that I just focused on the road in amazement..... then got my senses and backed off.... ;)

·
Banned
1,304 Posts

and it took me years to get the wife to "let" me have another one - I now have the 2006 GSXR 1000 and will never sell it again.. :chili:

Think about it a long time - what else can you buy that bone stock will ture quarter miles in 10 sec and has a top end that you will never reach,,, at least I let off the throttle at 145+ I would not even look at the spedo :shocked after that I just focused on the road in amazement..... then got my senses and backed off.... ;)
You're from Santa Rosa, right? Do you ride skaggs rd.?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts

maybe he got his senses......and wants to live.;)

I'll assume this is a crotch rocket. I hope you were on a closed coarse at that speed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You're from Santa Rosa, right? Do you ride skaggs rd.?

I am in Novato - I usually go after work - Novato atherton/san marin ave out toward Pont Reyes turn at the lakes (Nassio I think) and come in on Lucus valley road - this ride ends at the pool my kids swim at (swim team) and then I see the last few min of their swim practice - get a few points from the family for showing up at swim practice-

Skaggs rd sound familer - I will look it up

:beer

·
Registered
316 Posts
maybe he got his senses......and wants to live.;)

I'll assume this is a crotch rocket. I hope you were on a closed coarse at that speed.
Well - in the sections at any real speed you can see and there are no roads or driveways that connect -

the toys

[/IMG]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well with me being 20, its either the bike or the Bronco, not both. The bike is nice, but I've had bikes before and have been 160+ on them and its no real thrill @ all because I grew up around drag racing.

I've been into off-roading for the past 5 years of my life and it has just obsorbed me into doing something with a truck.

·
Banned
1,304 Posts
I am in Novato - I usually go after work - Novato atherton/san marin ave out toward Pont Reyes turn at the lakes (Nassio I think) and come in on Lucus valley road - this ride ends at the pool my kids swim at (swim team) and then I see the last few min of their swim practice - get a few points from the family for showing up at swim practice-

Skaggs rd sound familer - I will look it up

:beer
It's actually called skaggs springs rd. It's out of Healdsburg, towards lake sonoma. People come from miles around to ride it. Lot's of nice turns. I have a gsxr750k2. I live in Rohnert Park. I don't have leathers yet. Hoping this spring. Anyway, if you want to check it out, let me know.

·
Registered
316 Posts
woody, i just wanted you to know..i hate you...thats all, o and whats in the garage, i cant tell
A 1968 GTX convertable
I just picked up an engine for it - I had mopar enginesnwest build me a motor - it dynoed at 565 hp and at 3500 rpm it had 650 ft lb tq. - and I added a 200 shot of nitous so it should be in the 765 hp range :thumbup

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts