Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! A little while back, I got so antifreeze mixed in with my oil, not I have this froathy gunk in my oil pan. The engine has been flushed with good oil then refilled, but it's still quite obvious that bunch of it is still in the pan, as it's still popping up on my dipstick. Is there simple way of flushing it or cleaning it out a bit better without having to drop the y-pipe? I don't have much faith in the manifold studs...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had a jeep with a 318 that had a bunch of sludge in the bottom... I ended up pulling the pan, but afterwards I found a pretty cool thing.

this was never actually put into production, I just happened across a patent application for it on the internet.

the person was talking about using a small hand pump to put solvent in through the dipstick, that way it isn't being poured through the engine (which is very bad). So, maybe give that a try, drain your oil (then replace drain plug), put some water remover in through the dipstick (not too much, a pint should be plenty), then put a 1/2 quart of oil or so in it and leave it for a little while, then drain it out, put one more quart of oil in (and re-drain) just to make sure you flush most of the stuff out. replace filter and fill with oil... you may have to change the oil again in a few days just to make sure it's all flushed out.

I haven't had a chance to try this out yet, but I thought it seemed like a well thought out plan. I'd make sure you did this after the truck has been sitting overnight so all the bad stuff will have collected back down in the bottom of the pan again.

now all of that is assuming that your engine is ok... if you keep getting anti-freeze in your oil, then something else is wrong, could be anything from a blown gasket to a cracked head or block.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
SeaFoam

Cleaning Engine Sludge From the Crankcase
To clean built-up oil residues and contamination from the crank case, add 1½ oz. Sea Foam® to each quart of engine oil. Sea Foam® will slowly re-liquefy residues and suspend contaminants for easy removal. Monitor oil for color and clarity and change oil and replace filter when oil looks dirty.

Controlling Moisture in the Oil
To control moisture buildup in oil, add 1½ oz. Sea Foam® to each quart of oil. Sea Foam® will prevent phase separation of moisture that accumulates in oil. Moisture will evaporate under the heat of the crank case. Change oil and filter when dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts